U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 10:27 PM

3,445 posts, read 2,823,098 times

Advertisements

Jonesboro, Fairborn, Fayetteville have pretty much the only good downtowns on the south side (and if you want to consider Griffin as the Atlanta area, then add that). In the west metro I really like Carrollton’s downtown, but I wouldn’t consider that close enough to count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 10:32 PM

7,705 posts, read 9,542,617 times
Quote:
Good point. With so many Asian restaurants, I'm pretty sure there's more incentive to keep their food tasty and authentic.
I believe the question was about historic downtowns.

Duluth only has one downtown restaurant that has some Asian influence, though it's not strictly an Asian restaurant. To my knowledge, downtown Norcross has exactly zero Asian restaurants.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:38 PM

4,647 posts, read 3,020,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Jonesboro, Fairborn, Fayetteville have pretty much the only good downtowns on the south side (and if you want to consider Griffin as the Atlanta area, then add that). In the west metro I really like Carrollton’s downtown, but I wouldn’t consider that close enough to count.
I think Newnan is being overlooked, with the exception of Born 2 Roll's mention. I think it's very solid, and a great Downtown. If it were closer in, it would probably be a huge deal.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:42 PM

5,942 posts, read 2,911,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post

Duluth only has one downtown restaurant that has some Asian influence, though it's not strictly an Asian restaurant. To my knowledge, downtown Norcross has exactly zero Asian restaurants.
If only we could only take all of the awesome international stuff all along Satellite and Pleasant Hill, and compact it all into a walkable Downtown Duluth square. Wouldn't that be THE spot.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:40 PM

1,137 posts, read 474,856 times
I've considered Buford to have an interesting Downtown by the way of its layout and it actually seems fairly long.

I havent seen Newnan's downtown.

I forgot about Fayetteville, which also does have a nice downtown.

Old 04-06-2018, 12:03 AM

7,705 posts, read 9,542,617 times
Quote:
If only we could only take all of the awesome international stuff all along Satellite and Pleasant Hill, and compact it all into a walkable Downtown Duluth square.
Meh.

After you live in Duluth long enough, you eventually start to get a little bored by all the Asian joints. Sometimes, you just want an American restaurant, but everything around you is Asian if you're on the Pleasant Hill corridor.

And for the record....and this is true in Chamblee and other parts of Buford Hwy as well....for every awesome Asian restaurant, there are ten disgusting ones. You really have to know how to select them. A great place to start is the health ratings (it's astonishing how many of them fail with violations that would make you gag).

Old 04-06-2018, 04:17 AM

12,918 posts, read 20,999,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Newnan?
McDonough?

Old 04-06-2018, 04:51 AM

2,150 posts, read 1,043,785 times
Quote:

I believe you are mistaken. I didn't see anything about historic. The topic is what is your favorite restaurant downtown OTP in Metro Atlanta. I have never been to Duluth, nor Norcross's downtown but perhaps Forhall has. I assumed the person meant downtown but perhaps they were talking about the two cities in general.

Old 04-06-2018, 04:58 AM

2,150 posts, read 1,043,785 times
Quote:
Meh.

After you live in Duluth long enough, you eventually start to get a little bored by all the Asian joints. Sometimes, you just want an American restaurant, but everything around you is Asian if you're on the Pleasant Hill corridor.

And for the record....and this is true in Chamblee and other parts of Buford Hwy as well....for every awesome Asian restaurant, there are ten disgusting ones. You really have to know how to select them. A great place to start is the health ratings (it's astonishing how many of them fail with violations that would make you gag).
I was going to p.m. Need4camero and let the person know that this thread will attract negative ItP posters. You should look at the topic again and try to contribute to the discussion instead of trashing people's post. You might as well scream out there are no good otp downtowns that only Atlanta has a good one. I haven't seen you say anything at all positive bout the listed downtowns nor list your own.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:57 AM

20,946 posts, read 32,935,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I think Newnan is being overlooked, with the exception of Born 2 Roll's mention. I think it's very solid, and a great Downtown. If it were closer in, it would probably be a huge deal.
I was going to add Newnan, followed by Senoia and Covington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or