Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 12:11 PM

11,775 posts, read 7,986,237 times

Advertisements

I didn't know Alpharetta has plans of continuing its Downtown to Avalon, that would make its Downtown area pretty big.

Btw anyone happen to know why that Neighborhood Walmart between Haynes Bridge Rd and Old Milton Pkwy in Alpharetta closed up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 12:12 PM

296 posts, read 220,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhammer View Post
Roswell ( open container drinking within the area too - plus two breweries! )
And a distillery is on the way!

I really wish the Council would finally get the City Green project done, but I'm pretty sure Mayor Lori Henry is opposed to it and will keep it from happening as long as she's in office. It would make a great connection between Canton Street and the areas further south, especially Oak St.

Once the Southern Skillet development happens, the cluster on the east side of SR9 north of Norcross St. is going to really be stepped up from what it has been for years.

The original buildings across from the square are getting updated right now too.

Old 04-06-2018, 12:13 PM

296 posts, read 220,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I didn't know Alpharetta has plans of continuing its Downtown to Avalon, that would make its Downtown area pretty big.

Btw anyone happen to know why that Neighborhood Walmart between Haynes Bridge Rd and Old Milton Pkwy in Alpharetta closed up?
The Downtown won't get that big in the short-term. It will be connected to Avalon via the Alpha Loop trail/greenway that is being started with TSPLOST funds.

Old 04-06-2018, 12:23 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,517,146 times
May Retta. None other even comes close

Old 04-06-2018, 02:01 PM

1,383 posts, read 1,560,025 times
Quote:
Walmart closed a bunch of their smaller format stores nationwide.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:40 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,253,200 times
Quote:
Various new and planned developments (and nice streetscaping) along Thompson St, will sort of link the 2:

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0718.../data=!3m1!1e3

In a much more pedestrian-friendly way than the sidewalk along Old Milton.

Old 04-06-2018, 09:00 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,359,058 times
Southside Downtowns that are nice to LOOK at:

1. Jonesboro
2. Fairburn

Southside Downtowns that are like to look at AND have something to do (restaurants and shops)

1. Fayetteville
2. Griffin

Southside Downtowns that are nice to look at AND have plenty to do (a selection of restaurants and shops)

1. Senoia
2. Newnan
3. McDonough

Old 04-06-2018, 10:19 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,478,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Thought not a suburb and is part of the CSA, I like Gainesville's downtown. Like Marietta's, the historic square is the focal point and a couple of key developments could really take it to the next level.
I second this. I like Gainesville's downtown as well and feel that it has much potential to become a bigger attraction moving forward.

Staying further OTP (but still officially within the 29-county area of the Atlanta MSA), I like Cartersville's downtown.

Dallas (Georgia) rarely gets mentioned because its a smaller downtown but still historic and worth noting because of the setup of businesses (including some restaurants, art galleries, antique shops and a community theater) in historic buildings around the historic Paulding County Courthouse.

Going even further OTP, I like Dahlonega's very historic downtown (Dahlonega was the site of the nation's first major gold rush in 1828) just off of the fast-growing main campus of the University of North Georgia.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:40 AM

9,830 posts, read 7,253,200 times
Dahlonega does have a really great downtown. It's so pretty with the trees, and so chill.

About 10 restaurants there, a museum, and a performing arts centre.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:52 PM

2,281 posts, read 3,032,125 times
I haven't visited a lot of the downtown areas listed here in a long time. Never been super impressed with any of the dowtowns around Atlanta. Downtown areas are something that Florida seems to do much better than Georgia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta