U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2018, 09:08 AM

7 posts, read 8,969 times

Advertisements

I'm considering a move back to my hometown of Marietta. I'm looking at a job near the Bentley Road/Delk Rd area. This area was a little rough back in the late 90's when I left Georgia; a lot of crime vand drugs. I was close friends with a few Marietta cops and some of them even lived in the Concepts 21 Apartments to help with security, back then.

How is the area now, as far as crime, traffic, livability? I'm not bringing kids, so that's not a concern.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 12:30 PM

449 posts, read 149,845 times
I know that area and to the west is pretty much all low-income housing, but as soon as you cross Powers Ferry it starts getting much better.

If you want more answers you should probably have posted this in the Atlanta forum.

Old 04-08-2018, 09:20 AM

924 posts, read 1,035,141 times
Terrell Mill RD apartments/condos are really nice, I try to stay off Bentley RD

Old 04-08-2018, 01:10 PM

5,367 posts, read 4,891,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndTX View Post
I'm considering a move back to my hometown of Marietta. I'm looking at a job near the Bentley Road/Delk Rd area. This area was a little rough back in the late 90's when I left Georgia; a lot of crime vand drugs. I was close friends with a few Marietta cops and some of them even lived in the Concepts 21 Apartments to help with security, back then.

How is the area now, as far as crime, traffic, livability? I'm not bringing kids, so that's not a concern.

Thanks.
The Bentley Road/Delk Road area still has some challenges with crime from time-to-time.

There also is noticeably more traffic in the area than it was 2 decades ago.

Though, it should be noted that the nearby Franklin Road corridor (on the west side of I-75) is in the middle of a major revitalization at the hands of the City of Marietta.

The City of Marietta is demolishing aging apartment complexes and replacing them with high-profile new developments like an IKEA store, the headquarters of the Atlanta United Major League Soccer team, new recreational developments, etc, along a Franklin Road corridor that has officially been renamed "Franklin Gateway."

I do not know if that revitalization that is underway along the west side of I-75 will make it over to the east side of I-75 to affect areas like Delk Road and Bentley Road anytime soon, if ever. But I do find the stunning revitalization of the nearby historically-challenged Franklin Road corridor to be worth noting.

Like the other posters have recommended, you should request that this thread be moved over to the Atlanta Forum where it is likely to receive many more replies because the Marietta area is a close-in part of the Atlanta metro area that many Atlanta area posters are very familiar with.

Old 04-21-2018, 06:25 PM

7 posts, read 8,969 times
So, I posted this in the wrong section to begin with. Now that it's in the right spot, does anyone have any insight they can offer? Thanks so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or