U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 07:14 PM

697 posts, read 261,530 times

Advertisements

I would pay attention to one recent event which was Reed having to pay back money that he spent as Mayor for personal gain that was not ethically and he just wrote the last of the checks last week paying it back to the city. Way after the fact I might add which is strange......I would also pay attention to the investigation of Bickers. Bottoms knows what is likely to happen and it isn’t going to be good for anybody. Including her administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 09:42 AM

3,957 posts, read 3,257,336 times
Is Cleta Mustache Winslow a part of the shakeup. Shame on her and the City of Atlanta building permit department for letting contractors do shady and incomplete work on West End houses. Why wasn’t the city doing site inspection to insure contractors not only applied for the correct permit, but did quality work.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:54 AM

22,166 posts, read 16,168,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Is Cleta Mustache Winslow a part of the shakeup. Shame on her and the City of Atlanta building permit department for letting contractors do shady and incomplete work on West End houses. Why wasn’t the city doing site inspection to insure contractors not only applied for the correct permit, but did quality work.
I would hope so, but she's an elected official who was elected by the same residents who have to live next to that shady built homes. Also, her handling of the Westview Cycle Track is enough for her not to get reelected.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:46 AM

2,301 posts, read 1,423,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Short answer, no. She is an independently elected City Council representative. If you want Winslow out then get more of your neighbors in District 4 to vote for someone whom is competent and electable. Jason Dozier was CLEARLY not IT as I said last year prior to the municipal elections. Nobody in District 4 knew who he was nor cared to vote for him...

Old 04-10-2018, 11:06 AM

5,942 posts, read 2,911,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
Thanks for letting me know that I'm in the company of "idiot"s.
No, I didn't mean you or this thread. You're much more informed than some of the reaction comments I've seen (from both the left and the right).

My gripe is with KLB for this nonsense way of going about what should be normal operating procedure.

Basically she's trying to give off some kind of impression of draining the swamp or whatever. But we all know whoever she brings on won't be any less 'swamp-y' than who they replace. (And some officials are staying.)

Old 04-10-2018, 12:14 PM
bu2

8,979 posts, read 5,673,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
No, I didn't mean you or this thread. You're much more informed than some of the reaction comments I've seen (from both the left and the right).

My gripe is with KLB for this nonsense way of going about what should be normal operating procedure.

Basically she's trying to give off some kind of impression of draining the swamp or whatever. But we all know whoever she brings on won't be any less 'swamp-y' than who they replace. (And some officials are staying.)
I disagree. I think its her signaling that she doesn't belong to Mayor Reed, demonstrating her independence.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:33 PM

22,166 posts, read 16,168,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
I disagree. I think its her signaling that she doesn't belong to Mayor Reed, demonstrating her independence.
How about that timing!

Old 04-10-2018, 12:56 PM

3,168 posts, read 3,036,468 times
Default Atlanta Mayor Bottoms..

Quote:

That's exactly what I'm hoping to be the case.
Where it all goes from here on out remains to be seen but I'm trying to be optimistic.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:10 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,423,334 times
Quote:
Do you really think that is the case...? Seriously...

Old 04-10-2018, 02:49 PM

27,767 posts, read 24,794,631 times
This is standard practice but it's easy to sensationalize this--hence it's a 'story.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta