U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2018, 07:58 AM

5,784 posts, read 4,546,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The U.S. Army has announced that Atlanta will advance to the next round of consideration for the home of the new Army Futures Command headquarters. Im glad to see that the Army recognizes Atlantas unique advantages," said Senator Johnny Isakson, R-GA. Theres no doubt in my mind that Atlanta is the best place for the Army Futures Command, said Perdue, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee.
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...f-new-u-s.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 07:52 AM
bu2

8,968 posts, read 5,665,308 times
https://www.defensenews.com/land/201...command-to-15/

15 finalists, strategically spread around the country, for political reasons I am sure.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:08 AM

1,686 posts, read 860,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
https://www.defensenews.com/land/201...command-to-15/

15 finalists, strategically spread around the country, for political reasons I am sure.
If Sam Nunn were still in office, you can be sure Atlanta would win.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:12 AM

1,039 posts, read 414,845 times
Yet anothet beauty pageant.

Amazon has obviously started a trend.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:36 AM
fzx

361 posts, read 359,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krogerDisco View Post

Why Isakson is not powerful enough? He is the chair of VA, which should have some power over the military.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:38 PM
bu2

8,968 posts, read 5,665,308 times
The key is not to narrow the field too much until you get your funding.

Old 04-21-2018, 06:44 AM

3,463 posts, read 4,114,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fzx View Post
Why Isakson is not powerful enough? He is the chair of VA, which should have some power over the military.
U.S. Senator from Georgia David Perdue sits on the Senate Armed Forces Committee. So maybe that would mean something.

Old 04-21-2018, 06:51 AM

3,463 posts, read 4,114,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krogerDisco View Post
Honestly though I think Georgia has faired well in recent times on the military front.

We lost Gillem and McPherson, which is very unfortunate...but the pain for Georgia overall could've been a whole lot worse.

It's not just the Senators that have to work to recruit these bases...but it is also the U.S. House as well as local politicians who have to get in the dirt as well.

And let's be honest:

The House congressional reps and local politicians representing Metro Atlanta...is pretty lackluster to say the least, on military issues.

Which makes a up huge reason of why we lost Gillem and McPherson. And on top of that, retired military veterans living in Atlanta proper...didn't even get the Commissary built...as promised.

Hank Johnson, John Lewis, as well as the Atlanta mayors, city councilors, county chairs, county commissioners state senators, and state house reps...who represent areas of the former Fort Gillem & Fort McPherson sites, are quite simply...as dumb as a box of doorknobs, when it comes to military and veteran affairs issues.

They don't have a single clue...and are truly not trying to get a clue either.

I could say more. A whoooole lot more. But I don't want this comment to get any mod strikes.

It is what it is...

Old 04-21-2018, 10:04 AM

28,113 posts, read 24,646,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Honestly though I think Georgia has faired well in recent times on the military front.

We lost Gillem and McPherson, which is very unfortunate...but the pain for Georgia overall could've been a whole lot worse.

It's not just the Senators that have to work to recruit these bases...but it is also the U.S. House as well as local politicians who have to get in the dirt as well.

And let's be honest:

The House congressional reps and local politicians representing Metro Atlanta...is pretty lackluster to say the least, on military issues.

Which makes a up huge reason of why we lost Gillem and McPherson. And on top of that, retired military veterans living in Atlanta proper...didn't even get the Commissary built...as promised.

Hank Johnson, John Lewis, as well as the Atlanta mayors, city councilors, county chairs, county commissioners state senators, and state house reps...who represent areas of the former Fort Gillem & Fort McPherson sites, are quite simply...as dumb as a box of doorknobs, when it comes to military and veteran affairs issues.

They don't have a single clue...and are truly not trying to get a clue either.

I could say more. A whoooole lot more. But I don't want this comment to get any mod strikes.

It is what it is...
I wish we could figure out a way for you to expand on these comments. This is a really big issue for the ATL.

Is there another forum where you could go into it?

Old 04-21-2018, 11:45 AM

4,013 posts, read 2,289,155 times
ATL deserves it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or