U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 07:44 PM
bu2 bu2 started this thread

8,968 posts, read 5,658,755 times

Advertisements

https://www.reporternewspapers.net/2...uford-highway/

"The Brookhaven Planning Commission voted April 4 to recommend approval of a the rezoning of slightly more than 15 acres on Bramblewood Drive and including two parcels on Buford Highway to make way for a 197-unit townhome development.

The developer for the proposed project is The Ardent Companies. The addresses of the proposed rezoning to multi-family residential are 3178 and 3186 Buford Highway and 29 single-family houses at 1933-2046 Bramblewood Drive, a cul-de-sac. Density for the proposed project is 12.73 units per acre....

Allison went on to say many townhome developments in the city, including some of his own, have displaced lower income residents living in aging apartment complexes.
“That’s not the case here,” he said. “We’ve assembled $340,000 ranch homes and are making the argument [our development] will be more affordable than what is there today.”

City staff is also requiring the developer construct a 10-foot multi-use path from the public sidewalk along Bramblewood Drive to the Cross Keys High School property boundary for future connectivity to the school — essentially creating a bike and pedestrian path from Buford Highway to the high school...."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 09:20 PM

20,895 posts, read 32,882,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post

Allison went on to say many townhome developments in the city, including some of his own, have displaced lower income residents living in aging apartment complexes.
“That’s not the case here,” he said. “We’ve assembled $340,000 ranch homes and are making the argument [our development] will be more affordable than what is there today.”
LOL I haven't been fed a line of crap like that since I was a coed fending off some frat boy's drunken advances.
One more step towards transforming Maybarrio into Mayberry.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:48 PM

5,940 posts, read 2,902,450 times
The SFH neighborhood there is really out of place for that area:

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.8415.../data=!3m1!1e3

This is a good plan. And considering that this is converting SFH to multi-family, the homes should indeed be around the same price, maybe cheaper. There will now just be a lot more of them.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:22 PM

12,903 posts, read 20,969,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
LOL I haven't been fed a line of crap like that since I was a coed fending off some frat boy's drunken advances.
One more step towards transforming Maybarrio into Mayberry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
The SFH neighborhood there is really out of place for that area:

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.8415.../data=!3m1!1e3

This is a good plan. And considering that this is converting SFH to multi-family, the homes should indeed be around the same price, maybe cheaper. There will now just be a lot more of them.

That's a cute, tree-filled street.

Old 04-21-2018, 06:32 AM

20,895 posts, read 32,882,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
It's pretty idiosyncratic for the neighborhood, like PT said. Curtis Drive on one side, N, Cliff Valley on the other, and both lined with poorly maintained, low-income apartments.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:27 AM

28,109 posts, read 24,632,008 times
I'm assuming the homeowners on Bramblewood got together with the developer and decided to sell their homes. If that's the case I am okay with it. That is often how redevelopment occurs.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
It's pretty idiosyncratic for the neighborhood, like PT said. Curtis Drive on one side, N, Cliff Valley on the other, and both lined with poorly maintained, low-income apartments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I'm assuming the homeowners on Bramblewood got together with the developer and decided to sell their homes. If that's the case I am okay with it. That is often how redevelopment occurs.
Understood. I just hope we don’t start seeing these ranch-homed, tree-filled streets and areas as expendable.

The “brick ranch home forest neighborhood” is such an integral part of Intown and Inner Suburban Atlanta.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:49 AM

4,644 posts, read 3,012,162 times
Quote:
Understood. I just hope we don’t start seeing these ranch-homed, tree-filled streets and areas as expendable.

The “brick ranch home forest neighborhood” is such an integral part of Intown and Inner Suburban Atlanta.
Yep. And you can be assured that all of those beautiful mature trees will be lost, they don't even attempt to save or build around them anymore. I live not far from here, and every single new townhouse development totally clear-cuts everything now.

Old 04-21-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Yep. And you can be assured that all of those beautiful mature trees will be lost, they don't even attempt to save or build around them anymore. I live not far from here, and every single new townhouse development totally clear-cuts everything now.
And that’s my fear/constant worry as well. As you can see, I was afraid to ask further about the development plans...

Old 04-21-2018, 04:52 PM

28,109 posts, read 24,632,008 times
I really hate to see trees go, too. Hopefully the city will require an aggressive replacement program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or