U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 08:12 AM

9,567 posts, read 8,636,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
That is an excellent point that greater North metro Atlanta and North Georgia most assuredly would look much different without the construction of developmental superhighway spur routes like I-575, GA 400 and I-985 and their developmental super-arterial extensions like GA 515 (I-575) and GA 365 (I-985).

But it is very difficult to go as far as to say that South metro Atlanta had similar opportunities as the Northside for the construction of developmental exurban spur superhighways.

That is because two very major factors that were very strong motivations for the construction of developmental exurban spur superhighways were the presence of the major manmade water supply and recreational lakes (Lake Allatoona and (especially) Lake Lanier) and the presence of the scenic foothills and ranges of the Blue Ridge Mountains/Southern Appalachian Mountains region beyond them.

The extremely strong scenic, recreational and tourism lures of the lakes and the mountains on the north side of the Atlanta region made economic development and real estate development prospects much more viable there than it did on the south side of the Atlanta region where the land was comparatively much flatter and much more level.

The presence of the lakes and the mountains to the north of Atlanta have provided and continue to provide a massively unfair advantage to the Northside when it comes to economic development and real estate development prospects.

Though the good news for the Southside is that the presence of the world's busiest passenger airport (Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport) on the south side of the Atlanta region has helped to give many more economic development and real estate development opportunities to the Southside than it might have otherwise.

I agree that better logistical connectivity (in the form of direct superhighway access) most likely would have helped bring more real estate development opportunities to outlying South metro Atlanta communities like Fayetteville and Griffin in the same way that direct Interstate superhighway connectivity has brought a higher level of real estate development opportunities to Interstate-connected outlying areas like Coweta County (on I-85 South) and Henry County (on I-75 South).

The lack of direct superhighway connectivity seems to be especially notable for an outlying South metro Atlanta exurban area like Griffin whose downtown is actually one mile closer to Downtown Atlanta than the increasingly extremely heavily developed North metro Atlanta outer-suburb of Cumming.

But even without the direct superhighway connectivity, an outlying outer-suburban area like Fayetteville still seems to be doing extremely well economically given that it has become home to a thriving Television and Film Production scene anchored by the massive Pinewood Atlanta Studios complex which is one of the largest (if not the largest) TV/Film production complexes in the Western Hemisphere.

A major factor in the formation and stunning growth Fayetteville's and Fayette County's thriving TV/Film Production scene has been the relatively very close proximity of the county to the world's busiest airport at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.

The formation, stunning growth and domination of the TV/Film production scene in Fayette County and throughout South metro Atlanta is a prime example of how the presence of the world's busiest airport on the south side of the region has brought tremendous economic benefits to the Southside that potentially otherwise might be sucked away and hogged up by the massively overdeveloped Northside.

The Airport is an invaluable economic asset that helps to make the economic development playing field more fair and more level for the Southside than it likely might otherwise be. The booming TV/Film production industry that conducts much of its activity on the Southside is proof of that.
Great analysis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 05:27 PM

5,391 posts, read 4,900,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Great analysis.
Thanks.

Old 04-29-2018, 12:39 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,046,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Indeed... I said "Okay Google" on my phone to ask a question... Born To Roll answered it instead of Google.
I heard that Google asks B2r for advice. "Okay Borntoroll..."

Old 04-29-2018, 10:52 AM

4,244 posts, read 2,827,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
In Communist Russia, Google ask Born2Roll.

And Google, the mega internet search site founded in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin, interprets the data provided by Born2Roll, a poster from the Atlanta forum of the City-Data website since May of 2013, which was the year of the snake in the Chinese Zodiac Calendar. After Google interprets the data provided by City-Data Atlanta forum poster Born2Roll, it stores the data in a massive server farm, which is a building housing thousands of internet-connected servers, often in a rural location like the one proposed by Facebook in the Newton County city of Covington in Nathan Deal's Georgia. That data is then sent out over a network of millions of computers worldwide, collectively called "the internet", to individuals seeking information about such topics as the construction of limited-access toll lanes to developmental superhighways like I75 and I85 and spur routes like I-575, GA 400 and I-985 and their developmental super-arterial extensions like GA 515 (I-575) and GA 365 (I-985).

Old 04-29-2018, 11:43 AM

4,647 posts, read 3,021,752 times
^ Couldn't rep you samiwas1, but this is priceless!

Old 04-29-2018, 01:10 PM

20,962 posts, read 32,955,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I so agree. Born2Roll, unmasked at last!

Old 04-29-2018, 07:47 PM

4,244 posts, read 2,827,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
I so agree. Born2Roll, unmasked at last!
Thanks...I wanted to keep going, but I was at work and the internet there sucks, so I gave up after a while.

Old 04-29-2018, 07:57 PM

1,841 posts, read 1,257,995 times
I said that "in the 1890's West End WAS considered an upscale suburb" since we WERE talking about Atlanta history. "Was" is the past tense form of "be" as in "West End WAS upscale in Victorian times". "Is" is the present tense form of "be", as in "Cascade Heights is upscale now".

Old 04-29-2018, 08:50 PM

2,159 posts, read 1,046,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
In Communist Russia, Google ask Born2Roll.

And Google, the mega internet search site founded in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin, interprets the data provided by Born2Roll, a poster from the Atlanta forum of the City-Data website since May of 2013, which was the year of the snake in the Chinese Zodiac Calendar. After Google interprets the data provided by City-Data Atlanta forum poster Born2Roll, it stores the data in a massive server farm, which is a building housing thousands of internet-connected servers, often in a rural location like the one proposed by Facebook in the Newton County city of Covington in Nathan Deal's Georgia. That data is then sent out over a network of millions of computers worldwide, collectively called "the internet", to individuals seeking information about such topics as the construction of limited-access toll lanes to developmental superhighways like I75 and I85 and spur routes like I-575, GA 400 and I-985 and their developmental super-arterial extensions like GA 515 (I-575) and GA 365 (I-985).

Dude...you legit just blew my mind.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:20 AM

5,943 posts, read 2,913,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
This is an excellent point that Google asks B2R for advice.

Quote:
Dude...you legit just blew my mind.
DreamerD makes an excellent point that samiwas1 blew his mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or