U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 07:23 AM

6,899 posts, read 9,589,236 times

Advertisements

B2R is a treasure we have on this site who has no peer anywhere. Great stuff.

OK, just a couple pages back.... Camaro maybe? Someone said two interchanges going up on 85 in Coweta. I knew about the Poplar Road interchange, should be done about now....

What is the 2nd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 08:24 AM

4,240 posts, read 2,819,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
I said that "in the 1890's West End WAS considered an upscale suburb" since we WERE talking about Atlanta history. "Was" is the past tense form of "be" as in "West End WAS upscale in Victorian times". "Is" is the present tense form of "be", as in "Cascade Heights is upscale now".
Casecade Heights is upscale? I must have a different definition of "upscale".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
You make an excellent point that City-Data Atlanta forum poster B2R is a treasure we have on this site who has no peer anywhere and that many of City-Data Atlanta forum poster B2R's posts contain Great stuff.?

Old 04-30-2018, 10:05 AM

1,043 posts, read 416,667 times
Quote:
B2R is a treasure we have on this site who has no peer anywhere. Great stuff.

OK, just a couple pages back.... Camaro maybe? Someone said two interchanges going up on 85 in Coweta. I knew about the Poplar Road interchange, should be done about now....

What is the 2nd?
That was me.

The 2nd interchange will be between the Bullsboro and Sharpsburg-McCollum exit (it will be Exit 49). Its working name now is the "Amlajack Interchange." The FHA and GADOT have already signed off on it in principle, as it's in their long term infrastructure plans. Coweta County just finished purchasing the remainder of the land in the right of way of this new interchange last year (including the old Madras School off Highway 29) and the engineering study for it, if it hasn't started already, should begin soon, with initial construction expected to start either in 2019 or 2020.

Hollz Parkway (which starts at Highway 34 but ends a short distance north of there, for now) will connect to the interchange on the east side of I-85. Meanwhile, a new road (which is currently being called the "Madras Connector) willl connect to the interchange on the west side of I-85 and end at Highway 29 (originally, the plan was to extend this road further west beyond Highway 29, but that's on indefinite hold for now). Also, Amlajack Boulevard and the road way used to access the Coweta Industrial Park from the Shaprsburg-McCollum exit will both be extended and intersect at the new "Madras Connector."

The main purpose of it will be to improve access to/from the Coweta and Shenandoah Industrial Parks, especially as those areas continue to boom with more logistics/manufacturing facilities (right now, all of the traffic, at least in Shenandoah, is forced onto already overcapacity Bullsboro Dr.). But of course, commercial and residential real estate investors are already licking their chops at the improved interstate access in what's essentially an area with nothing but undeveloped and extremely cheap land (they were jam packed in the room during the last meeting about this). Plus, the mayor of Newnan and one of the county commissioners own a ton of land along the route of the proposed "Madras Connector," so they're obviously pushing for it as well.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
That was me.

The 2nd interchange will be between the Bullsboro and Sharpsburg-McCollum exit (it will be Exit 49). Its working name now is the "Amlajack Interchange." The FHA and GADOT have already signed off on it in principle, as it's in their long term infrastructure plans. Coweta County just finished purchasing the remainder of the land in the right of way of this new interchange last year (including the old Madras School off Highway 29) and the engineering study for it, if it hasn't started already, should begin soon, with initial construction expected to start either in 2019 or 2020.

Hollz Parkway (which starts at Highway 34 but ends a short distance north of there, for now) will connect to the interchange on the east side of I-85. Meanwhile, a new road (which is currently being called the "Madras Connector) willl connect to the interchange on the west side of I-85 and end at Highway 29 (originally, the plan was to extend this road further west beyond Highway 29, but that's on indefinite hold for now). Also, Amlajack Boulevard and the road way used to access the Coweta Industrial Park from the Shaprsburg-McCollum exit will both be extended and intersect at the new "Madras Connector."

The main purpose of it will be to improve access to/from the Coweta and Shenandoah Industrial Parks, especially as those areas continue to boom with more logistics/manufacturing facilities (right now, all of the traffic, at least in Shenandoah, is forced onto already overcapacity Bullsboro Dr.). But of course, commercial and residential real estate investors are already licking their chops at the improved interstate access in what's essentially an area with nothing but undeveloped and extremely cheap land (they were jam packed in the room during the last meeting about this). Plus, the mayor of Newnan and one of the county commissioners own a ton of land along the route of the proposed "Madras Connector," so they're obviously pushing for it as well.
Thanks for this info. Bullsboro will benefit greatly from both this and Poplar road providing relief to both the south and the north. I will have to Google and see the roads you mention as well as find a map showing the proposed roads.

Growing up in Hogansville, Coweta is my old stomping grounds. Can remember when the first shopping centers went in on Bullsboro. Became a heated debate amongst me and my friends whether to head to LaGrange or Newnan to get our fix of fast food that was non existent at home. LOL.

Hogansville has McDonalds, Arby's, Wendys's and Subway at the exit on 85 these days. I date myself...

Old 04-30-2018, 11:34 AM

1,043 posts, read 416,667 times
Quote:
Thanks for this info. Bullsboro will benefit greatly from both this and Poplar road providing relief to both the south and the north. I will have to Google and see the roads you mention as well as find a map showing the proposed roads.

Growing up in Hogansville, Coweta is my old stomping grounds. Can remember when the first shopping centers went in on Bullsboro. Became a heated debate amongst me and my friends whether to head to LaGrange or Newnan to get our fix of fast food that was non existent at home. LOL.

Hogansville has McDonalds, Arby's, Wendys's and Subway at the exit on 85 these days. I date myself...
The below article has a map of it.

Phase II of Madras Connector shelved - The Newnan Times-Herald

Old 04-30-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
Awesome! Thanks for the link. Already repped you for the last great post. You are a prince.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or