Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 07:51 PM

297 posts, read 271,332 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ridden on the Westside Beltline yet? If so, please give an idea where a good place to park is located. I am anxious to get down there and ride it. I rode on a connector trail through a green space near Lionel Hampton park last summer; just where Westwood road ends. There are some good neighborhood streets without a lot of traffic you can ride through down there as well. It is a pretty hilly area however so requires some endurance. Another area that looks pretty cool to ride through is Westview cemetery. If they eventually connect this trail system with the Silver comet trail it is really going to add a nice tourist attraction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 02:29 AM

2,437 posts, read 3,848,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltop180 View Post
Has anyone ridden on the Westside Beltline yet? If so, please give an idea where a good place to park is located. I am anxious to get down there and ride it. I rode on a connector trail through a green space near Lionel Hampton park last summer; just where Westwood road ends. There are some good neighborhood streets without a lot of traffic you can ride through down there as well. It is a pretty hilly area however so requires some endurance. Another area that looks pretty cool to ride through is Westview cemetery. If they eventually connect this trail system with the Silver comet trail it is really going to add a nice tourist attraction.
You can park at KIPP Charter School on Lucile Ave and get on the Beltline from the entrance across the street (near the colorful bridge — the highball artist). This would be midway from beginning to end.

Or you can park at Washington Park (on the northern end), and take the Beltline traveling south.

Or you may want to park around Adair Park I (not II) near Lexington Ave, Catherine St, and Mayland Ave. Then take the Beltline from near the southern end traveling north.

By “ride”, I’m assuming you mean on a bike. PRO TIP: If you want to avoid the weird detour forcing you to cross the street around White St and again at Lawton, etc, you can go straight through the unpaved gravel portion between the large crayons sculptures near Kroger and the ramp/stairs near Brown Middle (particularly when on bike — just not as scenic though).

Old 05-01-2018, 06:31 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,857,747 times
lol at this idea of driving to a place to ride a bike.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:51 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,438,386 times
I would park at the Kroger on Ralph David. The Beltline entrance is across the street.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:54 AM

2,167 posts, read 2,829,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
So you don't own a bike rack of any type then, right? People like to ride bikes in new places, and don't always have the time, confidence, or ability to tack a 20 mile round trip onto exploring a new place. Maybe tone down the holier-than-thou attitude a bit when people express an interest in activity you advocate for.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:05 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,773,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
So you don't own a bike rack of any type then, right? People like to ride bikes in new places, and don't always have the time, confidence, or ability to tack a 20 mile round trip onto exploring a new place. Maybe tone down the holier-than-thou attitude a bit when people express an interest in activity you advocate for.
It's common for people to drive to a location to ride their bikes. I've often ridden the Silver Comet, for instance, but always drove my bike up there.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:14 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,640,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Atlanta is extremely hilly also. Many areas are not conducive to ride long distances. Everyone isn't Lance Armstrong.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:30 AM

2,437 posts, read 3,848,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
I would park at the Kroger on Ralph David. The Beltline entrance is across the street.
Now that you mention it, if he parked at Kroger, he wouldn't even have to cross the street. I believe a ramp to the beltline is on the eastern side of the parking lot.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:40 AM

687 posts, read 744,714 times
We always leave our car outside Leon Draft House....have a stroll along the Beltline before returning for delicious beer and tacos.

Old 05-01-2018, 08:56 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,236,790 times
As a CoA resident, I totally drive my bike to the Beltline.

I don't have a deathwish, I'm not sharing the road with these insane drivers. It's dangerous enough to ride in a car on these streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta