U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 02:02 PM
JPD

12,134 posts, read 14,726,820 times

Advertisements

What am I missing. The picture is of a sidewalk, is it not?

It's amazing to see you doubling down on "there are no sidewalks in Atlanta."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 02:34 PM

187 posts, read 32,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
What am I missing. The picture is of a sidewalk, is it not?

It's amazing to see you doubling down on "there are no sidewalks in Atlanta."
The west side of cypress just below 7th there is no sidewalk, just soil.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:37 PM

22,684 posts, read 16,700,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
The west side of cypress just below 7th there is no sidewalk, just soil.
As soon as that surface parking lot is developed there will be a wide, tree lined sidewalk.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
As soon as that surface parking lot is developed there will be a wide, tree lined sidewalk.
Because the city isn’t installing a sidewalk, they’re expecting sidewalks to be installed with new development. There is no proposal at that location, at least not public.

Virginia Highland.
https://goo.gl/maps/WDJRBT8nNa72

Lord knows I don’t have to even try to find one in buckhead

Might go through and find streets from every neighborhood without a sidewalk just to drive my point home

Reynoldstown
https://goo.gl/maps/1WsTmU96shB2

Last edited by Street Advocate; 01-08-2019 at 02:58 PM..

Old 01-08-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I’m with you though, it’ll be a lovely sidewalk once the parcel is developed. Midtown DRC does a good job ensuring decent sidewalks within midtown.

Old 01-08-2019, 03:02 PM
JPD

Quote:
Because the city isn’t installing a sidewalk, they’re expecting sidewalks to be installed with new development. There is no proposal at that location, at least not public.

Virginia Highland.
https://goo.gl/maps/WDJRBT8nNa72

Lord knows I don’t have to even try to find one in buckhead

Might go through and find streets from every neighborhood without a sidewalk just to drive my point home

Reynoldstown
https://goo.gl/maps/1WsTmU96shB2
Expecting, or requiring? There's a big difference.

Old 01-08-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
The zoning for Midtown requires minimum sidewalk width, furniture zone, street lights, bike racks, benches, etc.

Old 01-08-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Expecting I included as midtown DRC expects new development sometime in the foreseeable future that they deem adequate to not have a sidewalk at that location in the interim. For all we know the market crashes, construction busts, and cypress at 7th remains soil for another decade or longer. Or maybe the property owner doesn’t develop the lot or doesn’t sell it to be developed. New development and sidewalk doesn’t have to occur in the foreseeable future.

Old 01-08-2019, 03:28 PM
JPD

Quote:
Expecting I included as midtown DRC expects new development sometime in the foreseeable future that they deem adequate to not have a sidewalk at that location in the interim. For all we know the market crashes, construction busts, and cypress at 7th remains soil for another decade or longer.
What I mean is, if something gets built there, the developer is required by the city to include sidewalks. You can't put up a building there and not put in sidewalks.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Expecting I included as midtown DRC expects new development sometime in the foreseeable future that they deem adequate to not have a sidewalk at that location in the interim. For all we know the market crashes, construction busts, and cypress at 7th remains soil for another decade or longer. Or maybe the property owner doesn’t develop the lot or doesn’t sell it to be developed. New development and sidewalk doesn’t have to occur in the foreseeable future.
If that does occur, there is a sidewalk on the other side, which is 50% better than many streets in North, NW, West, SW, and South Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or