U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-26-2018, 01:40 PM
 
4,504 posts, read 2,985,574 times
Reputation: 2949

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Dockless E-Scooters coming to Atlanta. Let the assualt on short car trips continue.


https://atlanta.curbed.com/2018/6/20...cooter-sharing
Pretty sure I saw some of the new motorbike scooters out on 14th the other day. At least, there were two bright yellow scooters just randomly sitting on the sidewalk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-26-2018, 02:01 PM
 
45 posts, read 17,120 times
Reputation: 37
Seem like people should be happy these new scooters/etc are in the city or maybe people aren't happy and just like to complain about anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2018, 02:04 PM
 
296 posts, read 104,701 times
Reputation: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbash View Post
Seem like people should be happy these new scooters/etc are in the city or maybe people aren't happy and just like to complain about anything
I'm happy they're here. No, I'm thrilled, excited, etc. they're here. They're a great alternative to walking or driving. That doesn't mean I have no serious reservations about the particular business models that are being adopted. There are real costs associated with some of the decisions being made, and those costs should be born by the company and its customers, not by the city and residents at large.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2018, 03:44 PM
 
198 posts, read 80,120 times
Reputation: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by autolycus25 View Post
I'm happy they're here. No, I'm thrilled, excited, etc. they're here. They're a great alternative to walking or driving. That doesn't mean I have no serious reservations about the particular business models that are being adopted. There are real costs associated with some of the decisions being made, and those costs should be born by the company and its customers, not by the city and residents at large.
Example?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2018, 03:53 PM
JPD
 
12,144 posts, read 14,735,954 times
Reputation: 7840
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Scooter oops. Ex found one in her front yard. Took it to Goodwill with a bunch of other stuff...
I saw a guy throw one in the back of his truck the other day. Might have been the same one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2018, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Decatur, GA
5,028 posts, read 3,826,033 times
Reputation: 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I saw a guy throw one in the back of his truck the other day. Might have been the same one.
Or he could have been one of the people who charges them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2018, 04:02 PM
 
1,625 posts, read 1,691,066 times
Reputation: 1247
I've seen about half a dozen of these new yellow scooters parked. All but one parked in a way that would make passing them in a wheelchair on the sidewalk impossible. The companies need to make the user unable to end a trip on one until they are parked out of the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2018, 04:19 PM
 
Location: Decatur, GA
5,028 posts, read 3,826,033 times
Reputation: 2560
As much as I like that idea, it's nearly impossible to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2018, 04:53 PM
 
Location: Johns Creek area
9,729 posts, read 8,889,060 times
Reputation: 5241
And the bad thing here is not the scooter itself or the business concept or the benefit these things can bring. It's going to be the irresponsible and thoughtless folks who do leave them in sidewalks for folks to trip over, who do block wheelchair access, who drive them recklessly. It's always the dumb folks that cause problems for others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2018, 07:36 AM
 
Location: Kirkwood
22,691 posts, read 16,716,358 times
Reputation: 5097
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
And the bad thing here is not the scooter itself or the business concept or the benefit these things can bring. It's going to be the irresponsible and thoughtless folks who do leave them in sidewalks for folks to trip over, who do block wheelchair access, who drive them recklessly. It's always the dumb folks that cause problems for others.
Probably the same folks who double park or park in bike lanes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top