U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you in favor of Greenhaven
No to Greenhaven 10 58.82%
Wait for more studies 2 11.76%
Annex into another City 6 35.29%
Yes to Greenhaven 2 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 08:02 AM

57 posts, read 38,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
No. Wrong.
Aries4118: thanks for your well-thought out and researched response, NOT! That is the type of response I hear from Greenhaven advocates. They have just 1or 2 talking points they’ve picked up and when you probe deeper and realize they don’t have any concrete information or data, they give a childish response like you. This is the main reason why I know Greenhaven wouldn’t work. Too many uneducated and easily guided people support it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 10:02 AM

28,168 posts, read 24,711,424 times
With 300,000 residents Greenhaven could be a huge force in the metro area.

Old 05-13-2018, 10:28 AM

1,269 posts, read 635,105 times
The parts touching Atlanta (thus could be annexed) are Gresham, Candler-Mcafffe, and Belvedere Park. They have nice areas but there is no denying they are rough, and I just don't think Atlanta should take on anymore "troubled" areas right now unless we get the police force back where it needs to be in terms of number of officers.

Better that Greenhaven starts and forms their own police department eventually.

Old 05-13-2018, 10:33 AM

12,941 posts, read 21,032,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinFool View Post
Aries4118: thanks for your well-thought out and researched response, NOT! That is the type of response I hear from Greenhaven advocates. They have just 1or 2 talking points theyíve picked up and when you probe deeper and realize they donít have any concrete information or data, they give a childish response like you. This is the main reason why I know Greenhaven wouldnít work. Too many uneducated and easily guided people support it.
Um, sister, Iím not a Greenhaven advocate.

Old 05-13-2018, 11:09 AM

28,168 posts, read 24,711,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post
The parts touching Atlanta (thus could be annexed) are Gresham, Candler-Mcafffe, and Belvedere Park. They have nice areas but there is no denying they are rough, and I just don't think Atlanta should take on anymore "troubled" areas right now unless we get the police force back where it needs to be in terms of number of officers.
What is APD's strength now? Seems like I read (or heard) somewhere that we were down to around 1600 officers.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Um, sister, Iím not a Greenhaven advocate.
Ok Becky or is it Beci or Beckie maybe Becker? You still havenít bad any strong point nor included facts

Old 05-13-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post

Better that Greenhaven starts and forms their own police department eventually.
Define what you mean by rough? I bought into a part of Decatur considered by suburbanites like yourself to be “pretty bad” Perception of crime was way more than actual crime. I bet I have way more equity than you. You suburbanites are now moving into my area and ruining it with your fear of my black neighbors and not speaking to your neighbors. Same is happening to those Grsham and Belvedere Park. 5-7 years from now you’ll be wanting to move into those areas

Last edited by travelinFool; 05-13-2018 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: Misspelling

Old 05-13-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Ok Becky or is it Beci or Beckie maybe Becker? You still havenít bad any strong point nor included facts
Iím not understanding. Please re-write.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
I’m not understanding. Please re-write.
You’re a Becky, right. so asking how to spell your name correctly and asking for you to go...easily verify everything I said on City of Decatur schools being overcrowded.

Glad we’re in agreement on Greenhaven being a bad idea.

You can read more on Neighbors Against Greenhaven

https://neighborsagainstgreenhaven.com
and
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1322425114450355/

Citizens Against Greenhaven

See Through The Fog – CCIOTG

Concerned Citizens Against Cityhood in DeKalb

https://m.facebook.com/ccegdekalb/?__tn__=C

Old 05-13-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Youíre a Becky, right. so asking how to spell your name correctly and asking for you to go...easily verify everything I said on City of Decatur schools being overcrowded.

Glad weíre in agreement on Greenhaven being a bad idea.

You can read more on Neighbors Against Greenhaven

https://neighborsagainstgreenhaven.com
and
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1322425114450355/

Citizens Against Greenhaven

See Through The Fog Ė CCIOTG

Concerned Citizens Against Cityhood in DeKalb

https://m.facebook.com/ccegdekalb/?__tn__=C
Whatís a Becky? I know it is a beautiful name, typically for females.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta