U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2018, 01:57 PM

22,154 posts, read 16,152,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Also, be aware that even a lot of the Clifton Corridor between Lindberg and Emory is outside the city limits. Basically all of the line between Cheshire Bridge and the CDC is outside the city limits.

Clifton Corridor requires regional partnership & funding. Even for "phase I" between lindberg and Emory. Until that regional partnership & funding is in place other transit projects that already have RoW should be a higher priority.
I see you drinking that Gravel Kool Aid.

So that fact that it crosses city limits is the reason it
Quote:
requires regional partnership & funding?
The entire BeltLine loop is not already under City of Atlanta ownership. Campbellton Rd does not already have ROW for dedicated BRT or LRT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 02:18 PM

9,907 posts, read 6,897,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
The entire BeltLine loop is not already under City of Atlanta ownership. Campbellton Rd does not already have ROW for dedicated BRT or LRT.
All of the Beltline is within the city limits. And yes, routes like Campbellton Rd and NW Beltline that do not have dedicated RoW secured they also should fall further down the list.

Old 06-18-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
All of the Beltline is within the city limits. And yes, routes like Campbellton Rd and NW Beltline that do not have dedicated RoW secured they also should fall further down the list.
So you are specifically referring to SE BeltLine? I do agree it should be a priority, but Emory/CDC is the largest employment center in the city and metro without rail or freeway access. ATL passed, but has no funding mechanism so we should just wait around?

Old 06-18-2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
So you are specifically referring to SE BeltLine? I do agree it should be a priority, but Emory/CDC is the largest employment center in the city and metro without rail or freeway access. ATL passed, but has no funding mechanism so we should just wait around?
I certainly see the value in Emory & CDC route and want it to become a reality. I see the budget having room for both (assuming regional support comes about). But yes, items like the SE Beltline, "hashtag BRT" with dedicated RoW routes should have priority over Clifton Corridor without regional partnerships.

If something changes such as DeKalb or "The ATL" adds funding for Clifton Cooridor while one of the BRT routes is unable to secure RoW then that priority list should reshuffle.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:51 AM

Quote:
I certainly see the value in Emory & CDC route and want it to become a reality. I see the budget having room for both (assuming regional support comes about). But yes, items like the SE Beltline, "hashtag BRT" with dedicated RoW routes should have priority over Clifton Corridor without regional partnerships.

If something changes such as DeKalb or "The ATL" adds funding for Clifton Cooridor while one of the BRT routes is unable to secure RoW then that priority list should reshuffle.
You do know Hashtag BRT is not part of MARTA Planning? It's not even part of Atlanta Transportation Plan, should be. Hashtag BRT has 0 studies and 0 guarantee of dedicated ROW, while Clifton Corridor does have dedicated ROW and exclusive lanes (median.) I am not arguing SE BeltLine vs Clifton Corridor, both are important transit links. I am arguing against this Hashtag BRT plan and Campbellton Rd's 3 transit projects funded by MoreMARTA over the Clifton Corridor.
Assuming regional support will delay viable transit to the largest employment center in the city w/o rail or freeway access for decades. State Republicans are patting themselves on the back for transit, it'll be awhile before they take the next step.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:06 AM

1,043 posts, read 416,667 times
According to the AJC, Deal is going to announce that $100 million over the span of a decade will be included in his 2019 Budget for transit.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regi...LscoO/amp.html

Old 06-19-2018, 08:32 AM

291 posts, read 90,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
According to the AJC, Deal is going to announce that $100 million over the span of a decade will be included in his 2019 Budget for transit.

It's already been announced that $100MM in bonds will be issued in FY19. It looks like the announcement is going to be which projects will get that money. Also looks like a big chunk of it is going to GA400. I assume that's going to be for "BRT".

Old 06-19-2018, 08:39 AM

198 posts, read 72,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post

Booooo

Old 06-19-2018, 09:43 AM

28,118 posts, read 24,646,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehd View Post
Booooo
It's massive compared to what the business community is putting in!

Old 06-19-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It's massive compared to what the business community is putting in!
I guess you are not counting the taxes they are paying?

But like I've said. Get transit a more level playing field and private companies will jump in and foot the whole bill themselves like they are in other cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or