Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2018, 07:00 PM
bu2

24,053 posts, read 14,848,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Connecting Lindbergh Center, Red/Gold Lines, and Clifton Corridor with the hugely popular and increasing dense Eastside BeltLine Trail to Downtown is the place to start because density exist, more south of Piedmont Park.
I just can't believe you are complaining about NE BeltLine and have not once spoke about Campbellton Rd's BS 3 projects that total over $400M.
I did say it sounded like a political project, not a transit project when it came out.
I'm not as familiar with that area so I haven't commented additionally.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:02 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
I guess this is as good a place as any to post this, but MARTA released a new fact sheet for the Clifton Corridor:
That is new?

The last I saw they had dropped all that median alignment and were doing tunnels.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:06 PM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
I won't feel a thing either way. That side of town ain't my bag, baby. But, "gentle infill" isn't going to bring it anywhere near the area south of ponce, as far as density for transit.

Those are peoples' businesses!!!11!!

Which areas are you looking at?

I agree that there should be an infill station at Armour, if only to provide the connection to Red/Gold instead of having to offshoot up to Lindbergh. But, I think that a light rail route along the east side would be well-used.

Just because they are or aren't doing anything doesn't make it the right, or "expert" way. There's no plan for a station where the Beltline crosses the Blue line at Dekalb Ave...that alone is enough proof that they don't really make the best decisions.
Really. They either need a station or they need to detour over to Inman Park station. They may have an issue anyway with having to get under, over or around the rail yard.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:07 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,745,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Those are peoples' businesses!!!11!!

Which areas are you looking at?
You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs. When light rail comes knocking, people are going to have to get out of the way.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:52 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,841,566 times
Quote:
I guess this is as good a place as any to post this, but MARTA released a new fact sheet for the Clifton Corridor:
The more I ponder on the use of MoreMARTA funds being used for Clifton Corridor the more I support the project. Emory is now City of Atlanta and it's now the largest employment in the city without rail or freeway connection. I am slowly distancing myself from the Woolard-Gravel BeltLineRailNow! crowd who seem determined to attack the CC over questioning why Campbellton Rd has 3, redundant projects totaling over $400M.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:29 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,737,903 times
Quote:
I missed this, but why does the timeline say they’re still doing environmental review (and the year says 2015)? Are they actually ready to build this or are they still studying it?

Old 06-15-2018, 08:04 AM

1,582 posts, read 2,183,415 times
Quote:
The more I ponder on the use of MoreMARTA funds being used for Clifton Corridor the more I support the project. Emory is now City of Atlanta and it's now the largest employment in the city without rail or freeway connection. I am slowly distancing myself from the Woolard-Gravel BeltLineRailNow! crowd who seem determined to attack the CC over questioning why Campbellton Rd has 3, redundant projects totaling over $400M.

The argument is not exactly against funding the Emory line but against the city funding half of it from the MoreMarta tax. The Clifton Corridor is the largest employment center in the Atlanta region without transit or interstate access and as such a)should be among the highest transportation priorities for the region, b) should garner regional/ state funding and c) should have no trouble competing for federal matching funds. On the other hand, the Beltline TAD is halfway through its lifespan and there is no other funding source on the horizon for the foreseeable future for the parts of the Beltline that do not get into this 40-year MoreMarta plan.

Gravel has also given his thoughts on the Campbellton Rd project.

Quote:
Instead of putting in a temporary BRT line along Campbellton Road, I would make this a permanent prototype project that would jumpstart a regional BRT network. The money in the plan assigned to future light-rail conversion would go toward another corridor better suited for rail. I would put it on the southeast segment of the Atlanta Beltline, which makes an urgently needed connection between jobs and opportunities on the east and west sides of the loop.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:01 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,745,587 times
Quote:
What about the voters? Wasn't this supposed to be set in stone so that the money could not ever be diverted?

What is Emory putting in to justify dipping into this pot?

Old 06-15-2018, 09:07 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
I missed this, but why does the timeline say they’re still doing environmental review (and the year says 2015)? Are they actually ready to build this or are they still studying it?
I don't think they have done the Draft Environmental Statement on the latest proposal.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:59 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,689,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
What about the voters? Wasn't this supposed to be set in stone so that the money could not ever be diverted?
The list of projects that could be pulled from was set, and the Clifton Corridor was part of that list. As such it can be funded from More MARTA tax revenue.

Quote:
What is Emory putting in to justify dipping into this pot?
All the sales tax revenue from their land is funding More MARTA just like the rest of the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta