U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2018, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 174 times

Advertisements

So I bought tickets to a concert next month, but I forgot to pay for parking, is anyone familiar enough with the area to tell me a place for parking near Coca-Cola-Roxy where I could walk to the concert safely? thank you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 12:56 PM

2,325 posts, read 3,548,096 times
There are a few parking spots on Spring Road that are all safe and walking distance to The Battery (1/4 mile at most). On the same side of the road as Wendy's, Applebees and the Holiday Inn Expres

My understanding was that The Battery was going to add the ability to pay for parking on-site (rather than require advance purchase) but I don't know the status of that change

GET HERE - Battery Atlanta

Old 05-16-2018, 05:24 PM

5,940 posts, read 2,902,450 times
The Roxy is part of the Battery development, right next to SunTrust Park. If it's a non- Braves game day, you can park at the Red deck at the Battery, and it's free for like an hour or 2 hours I think, and a few bucks after that. It's not bad. Or at least that's how it worked last year.

If it's a game day/night, you may want to pre-purchase parking, or maybe just do an Uber. But yeah, they might have some options now where you can use credit card to pay for parking upon driving up.

Old 05-16-2018, 05:56 PM

4,240 posts, read 2,816,756 times
I don't know what it's like on concert nights, but I have parked at the Battery a few times during non-event days in the Red Deck. An alternate option, less than half a mile walk, is to park in the deck over at the Galleria then walk across the bridge to the Battery. I think the bridge is open now.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:17 PM

151 posts, read 63,007 times
We went to see Haim a few weeks ago on a Saturday. I was surprised at the # of people that were at the Battery for a non-game night. People everywhere. We parked in the Red deck. We got lucky and got a spot near the entrance/exit. As we left there was a line of people waiting to leave. It is somewhat of a bottleneck getting out. I wanted to try and park at either the mall or the Galleria but my wife was worried about getting towed. We were told by the Jocks and Jills guy you can park at the deck at the Galleria but that was last year and not sure if that has changed. I think the bartender was making an effort to entice people to come there before hitting the Battery. I really have not figured out a simple solution for Battery/Suntrust parking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or