U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 10:54 PM

1,123 posts, read 1,225,126 times

Advertisements

Stop looking to be a victim and if you want to move to that area, just move there. Racism is everywhere , just live your life and if moving to GA betters it then just do it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2018, 07:26 AM

38 posts, read 16,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
And you believed the builder? Rule #1 of buying a new home: builders lie.

Gantt Rd & Stone Creek Trail is in Cherokee County. It may have an Alpharetta mailing address, but it is not within the city limits or even in the same county. This may or may not matter to you.
He is telling the truth. My husband and I are looking at a home community that has an alpharetta address but is in Cheorkee county.

Here is an example below

202 Townsend Lane Alpharetta, GA 30004 FMLS #5996935 Listing Price $1098000 Status Active

In that neck of the 'woods', I do not see much diversity, mostly white and Hispanics. I looked at the school system that subdivision is zoned for and again African American's make up <2% in elementary, a little higher in middle, and about the same for the highschool.
I really like the area but it's not as diverse as Alpharetta-Fulton County.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 591 times
We just moved to the Alpharetta part of cherokee county last year and we love it. There is more white than anything but we haven't experienced any racist behavior. You should go to a grocery store when you are in the area on a Saturday...in my opinion its diverse. I feel the homes are so far apart that everyone minds their own business. But becarefull with the new homes being built. The builders cut a lot of corners and they are selling trash for close to $1million off of gantt rd. And the HOA at Brannon estates off of sugar pike which is across the street from gantt rd but is in canton is racist... We were looking at a home in there before we googled and found this out. I think its best to get a home outside if a subdivision with HOA to avoid their nonsense.

Last edited by Alpharetta Ga; 06-21-2018 at 04:10 PM..

Old 06-22-2018, 08:46 AM

6 posts, read 7,901 times
thanks

Old 06-22-2018, 01:55 PM

6 posts, read 1,950 times
I truly don't understand why anyone would post a question about race in a conservative leaning forum and expect useful answers.

Old 06-22-2018, 04:09 PM

9,555 posts, read 8,616,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwg View Post
I truly don't understand why anyone would post a question about race in a conservative leaning forum and expect useful answers.
Plenty of socially liberal folks on here, thwg.

Old 06-22-2018, 11:01 PM

4,644 posts, read 3,013,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwg View Post
And you know that this is a 'conservative leaning forum' how? For someone so new, you are assuming a lot here.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:23 AM

2 posts, read 615 times
Reduce risk as much as possible....that includes reducing possibility of feeling uncomfortable where you live as much as possible.

Old 06-23-2018, 02:05 AM

772 posts, read 320,278 times
Honestly where your work is might be the most important factor in your move. If you work in North Fulton, then parts of Cherokee or Forsyth Counties might make sense.

Both of those counties are generally more affordable, but if you were to commute into Downtown everyday from there, then good luck.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:22 PM

67 posts, read 17,366 times
Don't do it.

I've overheard white coworkers from Cherokee make comments when they think I cant hear them. They were complaining about some apartments opening up near their child's school. Apartments is code word for black.

Pretended I didn't hear them but I know how white folks talk in code.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or