Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2008, 12:49 PM

313 posts, read 1,148,456 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I am no stranger to the Alpharetta area as I used to live in Cumming and work in Alpharetta off main street. We have been gone form the area for about 6 yrs or so. If we relocated back....since my husband's office would be near Windward like between Milton and Webb bridge I believe. My target areas for housing would be Windward and there was a neighborhood I really liked off of Kimball bridge Rd called Kimball Farms. I liked the latter because it seemed alittle remote and close by the greenbelt (I am a runner so that is important) and I loved the idea that it has a elementary school at the entrance of the neighborhood (which is damn near unheard of for suburban atlanta to actually to have a school in a neighborhood).

Which is the better elementary schools in the area that I am targeting. New Prospect or Creek View, or Lake windward? Any feedback would be great. Also any feedback on the middle school (Webb Bridge)and (Alpharetta)HS would be great too.

In the windward neighborhood that includes being a part of the community amenities, are there any neighborhoods within Windward that are more desirable than others? I know this is really a challenge for Atlanta suburbs, but I am looking for neighborhoods that are friendly and social and have families. I would also like feedback from anyone who lives in Kimball Farms and how that neighborhood is in regards to the same things. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 12:05 PM

997 posts, read 4,643,523 times
I'm bumping this up cause I'd like to hear some of the aswers to these questions as well. We are targeting that area as well. We put in an offer on a home in Windward not too long ago that we lost due to multiple offers.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:20 PM

Really??? Multiple offers?? I never thought I would see that day when that would happen in atlanta suburbia.

We were in AZ when the real estate frenzy started and we ended up in CA where we bought at the high end before it slowed. I just never thought the Atlanta area would have the same problem because its inventory is never ending. However, Alpharetta is mostly finished and built out and is desirable because of its location and decent schools. Kinda reminds me of Dunwoody when the suburbs ended there. Thanks for bumping me up....I would be glad to hear some feed back too.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:49 PM

210 posts, read 748,752 times
Type in Fulton County school report card for test scores, but remember that many schools focus on just these tests, and therefore, it is important to look at these schools in a different light. In my opinion, you want to find a whole balance for your kids, not just a school that teaches the test.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:55 PM

I agree, you dont want schools to be fully focused on tests taking. What I am looking for.... as I already know this area is affluent, and educated and would expect good schools,is a balanced equation. I am looking to see if there is community and parental involvement within the school.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:53 AM

4 posts, read 11,558 times
Can anyone tell me anything about Blackberry Ridge neighborhood? It has an Alpharetta address but is in Cherokee County, located off of Birmingham Highway. Thanks

Old 07-19-2008, 02:22 PM

878 posts, read 2,736,393 times
Adding to this thread....any info on Academy Park townhome subdivision off of Academy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta