Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 08:35 AM

10,348 posts, read 8,564,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Oh, earlier...post 22. Okay, yeah I did, just not in the post you quoted, so I was confused. I meant whatever legal weapon they want, but whatever. Point still stands: in many places in this country, nearly anyone can carry nearly any weapon nearly anywhere they want, all without any testing, training, or competency whatsoever. You can be the stupidest, angriest, meanest individual in your town, and you will be handed a firearm likely without question and the freedom to carry it into a kids play land if you want. And people wonder why our country deals with piles of bodies.
I see and agree with what you are saying. I'm from California and the gun laws are very strict, some are very silly. Upon moving to ga I got my conceal carry permit and it was very easy. Just a background check. I wouldn't mind them having a class.
In ca In my county virtually no one gets that conceal carry, even if you have a good reason for needing one. But I have a friend who got one because they were friends with the head of police. The only thing is at least they make my friend take a proficiency test every so often and it is gun specific. Your permit only allows you to carry the gun that you applied for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 09:57 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,357,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I see and agree with what you are saying. I'm from California and the gun laws are very strict, some are very silly. Upon moving to ga I got my conceal carry permit and it was very easy. Just a background check. I wouldn't mind them having a class.
In ca In my county virtually no one gets that conceal carry, even if you have a good reason for needing one. But I have a friend who got one because they were friends with the head of police. The only thing is at least they make my friend take a proficiency test every so often and it is gun specific. Your permit only allows you to carry the gun that you applied for.
And that's the way it should be, and would not "harm responsible owners". If you are going to legally carry deadly weapons around in public, you should be required to prove your ability to handle that weapon and that you know all the rules and regulations surrounding it. I know nothing about guns. I haven't held one in more than 30 years, and have absolutely no interest in doing so. I don't know what the specific laws are regarding carry. I could still go out tomorrow, purchase one, get a permit, and start carrying. That's really incredible, and not in a good way.

And before someone responds with "if you don't know anything, then you can't say anything", horses**t. I don't know how to perform surgery either, but I can fully say that I think surgeons should be trained and tested.

Old 06-12-2018, 01:20 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,439,118 times
I guess if your breaking passengers records over 100, you will automatically have more guns confiscated.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:25 PM

7,357 posts, read 6,525,292 times
Better solution is ask for a permit, if they have one, let them through. Or just drop the whole checkpoint charade altogether.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:15 PM

10,348 posts, read 8,564,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Better solution is ask for a permit, if they have one, let them through. Or just drop the whole checkpoint charade altogether.
oh gosh no!
I am a huge supporter of gun rights and own a lot of them myself. But permit or not, no one should be carrying a gun around the airport much less in a plane.
I've transported guns and it's really a pretty simple process to check them in and pick them up at the destination.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:22 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,357,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Uh, no. I don't know if this was a serious post, so I'm not even going to waste the keystrokes on why this is the worst idea ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta