Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2019, 01:31 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,869,071 times

Advertisements

Conservatives need to get over it. They only seem to exist to manufacture drama.

If you don't like Delta, you don't fly much. They are consistently rated some of the best. Regardless, Delta gets no special treatment from the state and only flack as of late. Hopefully Delta will weather this BS long enough for the conservatives to get voted out.

I swear we need to annex Atlanta out of Georgia. The amount of development and prosperity happening between Atlanta and the rest of the state would be like the differences you see between North and South Korea.

Old 03-21-2019, 01:49 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,390,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Conservatives need to get over it. They only seem to exist to manufacture drama.

If you don't like Delta, you don't fly much. They are consistently rated some of the best. Regardless, Delta gets no special treatment from the state and only flack as of late. Hopefully Delta will weather this BS long enough for the conservatives to get voted out.

I swear we need to annex Atlanta out of Georgia. The amount of development and prosperity happening between Atlanta and the rest of the state would be like the differences you see between North and South Korea.
If the next Kim/Trump summit goes well Georgia might be annexed as part of the new North Korean Alliance...

Old 03-21-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsville_secede View Post
If the next Kim/Trump summit goes well Georgia might be annexed as part of the new North Korean Alliance...

Haha, would be one of the less radical things to come out of this administration.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:04 PM

GOP is going full communist wealth distribution:

Quote:
"On a 5-4 vote, the panel decided to double the tax, and redistribute Delta’s wealth to 100 or so small airports across the state."
https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/th...pRy5bAXeDFfoCs

Old 03-21-2019, 05:25 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Many conservatives are mad at Delta because they act like Georgia is a banana republic that Delta owns. They funded the campaign to stop the Paulding airport. They have threatened the state repeatedly. All so they can continue to charge some of the highest fares in the country in Atlanta with some of the rudest employees (the politeness of Atlantans makes Delta not nearly so bad here as they are in the rest of the country).

Georgia's Conservative political leadership treats this state like a banana republic regardless of what influence Delta exerts. And that is past and present.

Georgia voted with Georgia Power against allowing solar power companies to make deals with the customer.

Georgia voted with the NRA for the guns everywhere bill(except on Capitol Hill) in spite of concerns from the Universities and schools.

What it looks like to me is that conservatives love special interest groups...as long as those groups work directly for conservatives. It doesn't matter what inconvenience those groups cause for the average Georgia citizen as long as the conservative elites are satisfied.

That's why I can't wait for this state to turn purple, if not outright blue.

Kemp barely won the governorship last time around, thanks to the beginning demographics bomb. Give it another election cycle or two. And these hypocritical conservative bubbas are finished as a dominant force in Georgia politics.

They will actually have to compete for the voter's favor like everyone else.

Old 03-21-2019, 05:35 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
If this is not a wake up call for Democrats across the state to fight for more economic growth in other areas aside from Atlanta, then I don't know what is. Georgia is not Illinois, and it's nearly statistically impossible for (Metro) Atlanta to control things with these types of sentiments coming from other areas and the 2nd tier metros within the state at that. Chicago is a hegemon in Illinois with nearly solid Democratic suburban counties. Whereas Metro Atlanta has Democratic-leaning core counties but aside from Douglas, Rockdale, and maybe Henry that's it. It's one of the reasons why I admire the pragmatic approach of Virginia, North Carolina, where the Democrats are trying to build up the other cities so that there is a progressive wall outside of their respective state capitols to fight against this nonsense. I don't see any other way out of this other than Democrats pushing for more growth and progressiveness to flourish in Savannah, Augusta, and maybe Columbus to assist Metro Atlanta. The wealth of economic growth is going to have to spread to the other cities to allow a more socially progressive wall to form against this conservative backlash.

I agree.

There is no reason why Georgia can't have powerful secondary/alternate cities in their own right, same as a state like Texas and California.

These conservative failures at the gold dome refuse consistently to encourage and maintain a vision that allows Georgia cities other than Atlanta to grow organically on their own merits.

So it will have to be up to Progressive leadership to take up the slack. And somehow encourage more economic growth in Georgia cities outside of Atlanta.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:03 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
It's one of the reasons why I admire the pragmatic approach of Virginia, North Carolina, where the Democrats are trying to build up the other cities so that there is a progressive wall outside of their respective state capitols to fight against this nonsense.
Not sure what you mean by this. Could you expound a little further? I understand that those states have more than one sizable metro but are you saying that modern-day Democrats are responsible for that?

Old 03-22-2019, 09:23 AM

1,326 posts, read 2,390,363 times
What city in Georgia do you think has the most potential for growth and being an economic power? I'm guessing Savannah is the obvious one being that it's a port city. What about Augusta?

Old 03-22-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsville_secede View Post
What city in Georgia do you think has the most potential for growth and being an economic power? I'm guessing Savannah is the obvious one being that it's a port city. What about Augusta?
Savannah is where my money would be. They got a very large downtown / historic street grid that is a pleasure to just be around.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:10 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,377,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Savannah is where my money would be. They got a very large downtown / historic street grid that is a pleasure to just be around.
Ditto
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta