Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 03:34 PM

45 posts, read 34,945 times

Advertisements

Would this even stand up in court?

Old 06-21-2018, 04:19 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbash View Post
Would this even stand up in court?
That’s a good question. I read through the Official Code of Georgia and the State Constitution for about an hour today and couldn’t find any provision that even begins to address something like this.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:22 PM

296 posts, read 220,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
As if the contracting process at GDOT, the Georgia Ports Authority, or any of the other major state offices are any better?

The only problem I see is that the Democrats are simply wimps...who collectively don't have the intelligence and/or the political guile to take back the narrative.

And the local corporate media for whatever reason...never takes a strong look at how the state operates their contracts processes.
So I should forgive corruption at Hartsfield-Jackson because there’s corruption somewhere else? And where have I said I’m ok with the other corruption? Those should most definitely be audited and reviewed thoroughly too. This thread is about Hartsfield-Jackson, not those other organizations, so I commented on Hartsfield-Jackson.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:24 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autolycus25 View Post
So I should forgive corruption at Hartsfield-Jackson because there’s corruption somewhere else? And where have I said I’m ok with the other corruption? Those should most definitely be audited and reviewed thoroughly too. This thread is about Hartsfield-Jackson, not those other organizations, so I commented on Hartsfield-Jackson.
Just saw an AJC piece that Mayor Reid created two airport jobs for administration cronies on his way out.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:42 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autolycus25 View Post
You can do whatever you want, I am just speaking to my observation of the situation.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:27 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,561,362 times
I'm all in favor of Atlanta taking over the state...Cagle seems to be saying all of the wrong things lately.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:22 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
I'm all in favor of Atlanta taking over the state...Cagle seems to be saying all of the wrong things lately.
The increasingly heard talk around town is that Cagle will probably lose the primary to the even more offensive Kemp. If this should happen, it will push us into record turnout numbers in November that will elect the South's first progressive female AA Governor.

There is no doubt that what we are going through right now will hugely impact voters this Fall, and the coming 'Blue wave' has just increased dramatically by these horrible images seared into our brains.

I've already taken Wednesday, November 7th off to recover from being up all night.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:41 AM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
That’s a good question. I read through the Official Code of Georgia and the State Constitution for about an hour today and couldn’t find any provision that even begins to address something like this.
Thank you, Ansley.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:54 AM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Just saw an AJC piece that Mayor Reid created two airport jobs for administration cronies on his way out.
And he had a very expensive taxpayer-funded party at a posh Buckhead steakhouse.

While (presumably) that's not specifically about the airport, it reinforces the argument that city officials use their position for personal gain.

Steakhouse holiday party for Mayor Reed, cabinet cost taxpayers $8,100

Old 06-22-2018, 06:57 AM

296 posts, read 220,234 times
I think the answer is that local subdivisions are explicitly granted authority under GA Code § 6-3-20 to operate airports. The state, through legislation, could remove that authority and keep the authority for itself or it could place limits on that authority (e.g. localities can operate airports up to X departures or arrivals per day). I'm sure CoA would challenge it in court, but I think the General Assembly would at least have a way to attempt it.

GDOT is also given authority to build and maintain airports, FWIW. (GA Code § 6-3-1)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta