Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 06:02 AM

45 posts, read 34,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTC Dad View Post
As CaliDreaming01 mentioned, Everton is some of the last new construction available in PTC, which is a huge plus. The biggest downside with Peachtree City is you have to pay 350k-400k for a dated 80’s-90’s home that needs 100k in updates. The major downside to Everton besides the small lots is that it’s located right next to active railroad tracks. Also, I think that neighborhood might be zoned to Sandy Creek. That could impact values because McIntosh is the highest rated school in Fayette & one of the best in the state. You also can’t take a golf cart to Sandy Creek. The other big complaint on that side if town is traffic, but the completion of the Macduff Parkway connector should help out with that.
Its in Sandy Creek school district. Was looking at Google Maps and didn't see any railroad tracks near the property. Don't really care about the size of my lot because it will still be bigger than the same home on the Northside. Thanks for the info

Last edited by abbash; 07-11-2018 at 06:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
For Neiman Marcus and Saks 5th Avemue (like even billionaires need either on the regular, lol) you would HAVE TO go uptown to Buckhead and visit Phipps Plaza or Lenox Square whether you live in the northern suburbs or Peachtree City. Luxury shopping overall equals a trip to the City of Atlanta. Now perhaps the northern suburbs are a little closer to the northern tip of Atlanta, but for someone to pretend that the northern suburbs are full of Neimans or people who shop there weekly is silly. Now the Newnan/ Peachtree City area may not have "all you want", but it DEFINITELY exceeds the "all you need" category in terms of retail offerings. Peachtree City/ Newnan has ALL the big boxes, nice specialty stores, and, at Newnan's Ashley Park shopping center, a larger, more upscale Belk and a very nice Dillard's that definitely has the SAME offerings as the Dillard's I have visited at North Point and Perimeter (not, Atlantic Station nice I will admit, but that is back in central Atlanta, so it further proves my point). Besides, I have always found it fun to "destination shop" uptown at Lenox Square/ Phipps Plaza in Buckhead a few times a year. Other people I know from ALL parts of Metro Atlanta have told me the same thing.

So, don't let "shopping" be the reason you don't allow yourself to enjoy ALL that South Metro Atlanta has to offer.
I'm a guy so I don't really care about shopping. Its was more so for when I have family from out of town visiting. thanks

Old 07-11-2018, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
Oh wow didn't realize that African American's only make up 5-7% of PTC. It feels more like 10-15% to me. Another thing to consider is that even though Af-Am's may not make up a huge percentage of PTC's population, there is a good mix of other minorities. My daughter's elementary school class is made up of about half of non-white minorities and a very diverse mix.

This subdivision is theBOMB.com - Domain for Sale. You can count the number of subdivisions in PTC with new construction on one hand and Everton is one of them. We looked at houses in this subdivision when we were starting our home search and they are gorgeous! Houses start at about $450K and go up quickly from there. The lots are much smaller than in the rest of PTC and the houses are very close together. This may be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it. You have less privacy, but it's easier to get to know your neighbors and there are swarms of kids playing everywhere so you can let your kids out to play with their friends instead of having to arrange playdates. They are also planning to build a nice water park, pool, etc. and lots of grassy areas.

Another thing about Everton is that it's located on the west side of PTC, which is the side of town that has all of PTC's traffic, including the infamous 54/74 intersection everyone here complains about. If you're used to traffic in the north metro area, you will laugh when you see what folks in PTC consider to be "traffic", but compared to the rest of PTC the traffic here is pretty bad. In any event, the golf carts are a great equalizer for all traffic-related woes in PTC.

The good thing about the west side is you have easy access to a lot of shopping--the Avenue, big box stores, Home Depot, Walmart, etc. And yes, I agree with Clayton White Guy. This is why there's more traffic on the west side of town. Didn't mean to make it seem like the shopping is worse than it is. It's more than adequate. But some people complain about the lack of Whole Foods, Macy's, Costco, Trader Joe's, etc. Also, the selection in the stores in PTC is usually a bit smaller than in other places..
As of today PTC is my #1 location. Went out there yesterday and its exactly what I want. No homeless people, lots of space, quite, very low crime, good schools, no traffic on 85, cheaper, not that far from downtown because its no traffic on 85, etc.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:53 AM

815 posts, read 702,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbash View Post
Its in Sandy Creek school district. Was looking at Google Maps and didn't see any railroad tracks near the property. Don't really care about the size of my lot because it will still be bigger than the same home on the Northside. Thanks for the info
I think they were zoned for Sandy Creek at one time but on Redfin it says they are zoned for Kedron/Booth/McIntosh. When I went to view homes there last year, the agent told me that too.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:30 AM

16,634 posts, read 29,319,383 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
I think they were zoned for Sandy Creek at one time but on Redfin it says they are zoned for Kedron/Booth/McIntosh. When I went to view homes there last year, the agent told me that too.

The area (the northern part of Wilksmoor) was "zoned" for the Sandy Creek district back when it was undeveloped and recently annexed by Peachtree City.

As the area developed, though, it was placed in McIntosh's district as predicted.

All of Peachtree City either attends Booth/McIntosh or Rising Starr/Starr's Mill.

Crabapple Lane Elementary is the only school (with Peachtree City students) that also has students (all of whom live outside of PTC) that do not attend Booth/McIntosh or Rising Starr/Starr's Mill.

Old 07-11-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
The area (the northern part of Wilksmoor) was "zoned" for the Sandy Creek district back when it was undeveloped and recently annexed by Peachtree City.

As the area developed, though, it was placed in McIntosh's district as predicted.

All of Peachtree City either attends Booth/McIntosh or Rising Starr/Starr's Mill.

Crabapple Lane Elementary is the only school (with Peachtree City students) that also has students (all of whom live outside of PTC) that do not attend Booth/McIntosh or Rising Starr/Starr's Mill.

EDIT:

Peeples Elementary also a school with Peachtree City students that contains students (all of whom live outside of PTC) that do not attend Booth/McIntosh or Rising Starr/Starr's Mill.

https://www.fcboe.org/cms/lib/GA0190...daries2015.pdf

https://www.fcboe.org/cms/lib/GA0190...daries2015.pdf

Old 07-12-2018, 08:27 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,797,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
I think that eventually Peachtree City should annex the Starr's Mill Area (the mill, lake, schools, waterfall, and surroundings, etc.), and make a sixth village (seventh if you count Industrial as a village) called "Starr's Mill."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starrs_Mill,_Georgia

https://www.google.com/maps/place/St...!4d-84.5124267

ArcGIS Web Application

Starr's Mill Village would have a suburban estate/rural neighborhood/rural estate-like characteristic centered around the beauty, spaciousness, tranquility, and history of the area.
That's not likely to happen, because much of the Starr's Mill area already falls under an overlay zoning district in unincorporated Fayette County that strictly enforces the rural, bucolic nature. Incorporating it into PTC really wouldn't change anything. (The mill, park, lake and hundreds of acres of land stretching from there up Whitewater Creek through the central part of the county all the way to Bennett's Mill are already owned by the county government zoned for conservation and can never be developed ... sorta like the Chattahoochee River NRA.)

Starr's Mill is No. 10 on Instagram's list of the 16 most photographed places in Georgia

The 16 Most Instagrammed Places in Georgia

Old 07-12-2018, 08:47 PM

Visited the area again today. I like that there are no bus stops there anywhere. That area looks very new. No trash anywhere. I like the space between the homes. No stray people walking around. I guess I been living in Downtown ATL too long lol but I like it . Thanks again for the info!

Old 07-12-2018, 09:22 PM

761 posts, read 897,301 times
Quote:
Visited the area again today. I like that there are no bus stops there anywhere. That area looks very new. No trash anywhere. I like the space between the homes. No stray people walking around. I guess I been living in Downtown ATL too long lol but I like it . Thanks again for the info!
Because Peachtree City is so far off the beaten path, you don't see a lot of the stuff you see in the city here. In fact, the nickname of Peachtree City is "The Bubble". It does feel somewhat like a bubble. It's a very family oriented, conservative town (not necessarily politically speaking, although it is a 70%-75% republican leaning town). It tends to be upper-middle class to affluent, so it doesn't have the same issues some other areas have. Not saying there aren't problems here, there are, but with low crime, affluence, top rated schools, very little poverty, and strict ordinances regulating everything, it does have a bubble feel to it.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
That's not likely to happen, because much of the Starr's Mill area already falls under an overlay zoning district in unincorporated Fayette County that strictly enforces the rural, bucolic nature. Incorporating it into PTC really wouldn't change anything. (The mill, park, lake and hundreds of acres of land stretching from there up Whitewater Creek through the central part of the county all the way to Bennett's Mill are already owned by the county government zoned for conservation and can never be developed ... sorta like the Chattahoochee River NRA.)

Starr's Mill is No. 10 on Instagram's list of the 16 most photographed places in Georgia

The 16 Most Instagrammed Places in Georgia
Maybe annex the Ebenezer Road corridor instead? Or, is this area similarly-designated as Starr’s Mill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta