U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 02:40 AM

13,149 posts, read 21,446,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
There are a couple of reasons why I'm not a fan of the Cherokee and Coweta comparison...

1. Lack of geographic and infrastructure parallels. Forsyth and Coweta both connect directly Fulton via a major highway (Cherokee doesn't) and Newnan / Cumming are both equally the same distance from downtown Atlanta. Also, Newnan's commercial cluster along Bullsboro is also more identical to what's in Cumming along Highway 20 than what's in Cherokee (Coweta also doesn't have an outlet mall).

2. At a lower population threshold, Coweta is already wealthier than Cherokee County. With continued strong population migration from Fayette County via. folks who seek the cheaper new construction homes, Coweta's demographics will only continue to improve (I.E. Senoia was recently named the wealthiest smaller city in GA). This is exactly what happened in Forsyth as well, as people moved further out from North Fulton.

Now obviously Coweta of 2018 isn't an exact comparison with Forsyth of 2018. Same can be said about the Henry County and East Cobb comparison if we want to get picky (although personally, I think Henry is more like Gwinnett, with it being almost entirely a bedroom community, on the verge of becoming majority minority and with all of the warehousing facilities, than Cobb), but Coweta is clearly experiencing similar growth patterns as Forsyth did and is about in the same position it was 20 years ago. I suspect Forsyth's schools weren't the best of the best either in 1998, and that can be a lagging indicator in terms of a community's heallth and future potential.
The Golden 155 Corridor of Henry County could also be the "Parkview-Brookwood of the South Metro."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Getting back on topic, another source revealed that this Costco has been in the works since at least April, but (understandably) they didn't want to break the news until all the t's were crossed and i's were dotted.

That said, if the developer is now going through the timely and not so cheap process of rezoning the property and is able to specifically name Costco as the tenant (they wouldn't agree to have their name put out there if things weren't far enough along), everything must now be a go.
Fischer's Crossing could also be the location of a Whole Foods.

A Trader Joe's can directly in PTC.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:14 AM

1,617 posts, read 658,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Fischer's Crossing could also be the location of a Whole Foods.

A Trader Joe's can directly in PTC.
True.

The Village Square at Newnan Crossing development was also looking for a grocery tenant (since Lidl backed out), so a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's could work there too.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:48 PM

1,617 posts, read 658,575 times
Construction underway at Costco - The Newnan Times-Herald

Construction underway at Costco

Quote:
Construction for a new Costco store at Sharpsburg’s Fischer Crossing area is officially underway.

The construction company was recently issued a land disturbance permit two weeks ago and hopes to be open by August, according to Coweta County Community Development Assistant Director Angela White.

The newest Costco location will be constructed directly across from Sam’s Club along Fischer Road and will total 156,805 sq. ft.

The 5.26-acre property, located at the northeast corner of Ga. Highway 34 and Fischer Road, will also feature a Kaiser Permanente.

Costco is a membership warehouse store, similar to Sam’s Club. The closest Costco to Coweta is in Morrow.

The Costco at Fischer Crossings will become Coweta’s third membership warehouse, joining Sam’s and BJ’s Wholesale Club.

The Fischer Crossings property was originally rezoned in 2006, but sat vacant for many years, until NCG Cinemas was built in 2011. A Wendy’s fast food restaurant was added to the property in 2017.

Fischer Crossings was once envisioned as a three-corner development. Another developer bought the northwest corner and built the Sam’s Club, which opened in early 2011. The third corner has gone through various ownership changes. Part of the third corner property was proposed for a medical office and retail development in 2016.

Old 02-14-2019, 06:36 PM

4,249 posts, read 5,876,321 times
Pretty far away from the interstate.

Welcome to the Southside. It seems to be in a good location to feed off both counties.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:30 PM

7,074 posts, read 9,807,914 times
Quote:
Hehe...love it.

Fayette: "The East Cobb of the South Metro"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
No, remember, Fayette is the "NORTH FULTON" of the South Metro; the 155 corridor of eastern Henry County is the "East Cobb" of the south metro. lol
Quote:
Aw, yes! Thanks for reminding me!

Yes, way too much non-residential development in Fayette County to be an East Cobb.

The pristine 155 Corridor is the East Cobb of the South (Metro).
Quote:
And Coweta is the Forsyth County of the Southside.
Quote:
Or Cherokee County.
My home county of Meriwether, due south of Cherokee is the... is the.... well, the ummm.... i'm stuck. Everything north of 20 is doing better. The Alabama of the south metro?

Old 02-15-2019, 05:13 PM

13,322 posts, read 16,416,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
My home county of Meriwether, due south of Cherokee is the... is the.... well, the ummm.... i'm stuck. Everything north of 20 is doing better. The Alabama of the south metro?
I think you meant “due south of Coweta” ... and Meriwether is basically like Appalachia in middle Georgia

Old 02-15-2019, 06:16 PM

7,074 posts, read 9,807,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
I think you meant “due south of Coweta” ... and Meriwether is basically like Appalachia in middle Georgia
Ooops, I did mean Coweta. Yep, with Pine Mountain running across the southern end, there is even a mountainous feel in some parts.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:17 PM

4,955 posts, read 3,454,024 times
Congrats. Get their credit card too, you'll get a nice rebate every year.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Ooops, I did mean Coweta. Yep, with Pine Mountain running across the southern end, there is even a mountainous feel in some parts.
I adore the Pine Mountain Region...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or