U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 04:27 PM

1,615 posts, read 655,966 times

Advertisements

This is obviously a huge deal for the Southside and a game changer, both with Fischer Crossing getting off the ground AND landing a real Costco!

I squeled like a little piggy after seeing this.

https://thecitizen.com/2018/07/24/co...g-east-coweta/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 04:40 PM

13,146 posts, read 21,442,762 times
Very nice for the Southwest Metro.

When will PTC Dad and Newsboy chime in?

Old 07-24-2018, 04:41 PM

582 posts, read 363,547 times
Sounds good to me. I still can't believe there isn't a single Costco south of I-20. With over 1 million residents in the South Metro Area, you would think there would be at least one. I think the demographics of adjacent Peachtree City, and growth of Coweta make this a great location. It will be interesting to see how it affects the Sam's Club. I know several people in Peachtree City that drive to the Costco at Cumberland to get their fix.

There have been several plans/ stores for this site over the past 13 years that have pulled out. Hopefully Costco won't back out.

Old 07-24-2018, 04:42 PM

1,024 posts, read 586,365 times
Isn’t there a Costco by south lake?

Old 07-24-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -thomass View Post
Isnít there a Costco by south lake?
It's not a typical Costco. It's a bare bones store that only sells a limited amount of bulk items specifically for the needs of small business (no deli or bakery).

Old 07-24-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTC Dad View Post
Sounds good to me. I still can't believe there isn't a single Costco south of I-20. With over 1 million residents in the South Metro Area, you would think there would be at least one. I think the demographics of adjacent Peachtree City, and growth of Coweta make this a great location. It will be interesting to see how it affects the Sam's Club. I know several people in Peachtree City that drive to the Costco at Cumberland to get their fix.

There have been several plans/ stores for this site over the past 13 years that have pulled out. Hopefully Costco won't back out.
Agreed.

I recall reading that Costco was seriously looking at PTC before, but between the recession and PTC's strict zoning regulations making the process difficult, those plans fell through.

I'm surprised they're back, and it's pretty ballsy of them to go directly head-to-head with Sam's Club (across Fischer Road) at that. I figured if they ever did express interest again, it would be at I-85 and Poplar Road (to also pull in traffic from LaGrange, Carrollton and South Fulton).

That said, all I want for Christmas though is a Pappadeaux. Upscale businesses tend to create a snowball effect of other upscale businesses following behind them. So if Costco can happen, that gives it hope.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:59 PM

582 posts, read 363,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
Agreed.

I recall reading that Costco was seriously looking at PTC before, but between the recession and PTC's strict zoning regulations making the process difficult, those plans fell through.

I'm surprised they're back, and it's pretty ballsy of them to go directly head-to-head with Sam's Club (across Fischer Road) at that. I figured if they ever did express interest again, it would be at I-85 and Poplar Road (to also pull in traffic from LaGrange, Carrollton and South Fulton).

That said, all I want for Christmas though is a Pappadeaux. Upscale businesses tend to create a snowball effect of other upscale businesses following behind them. So if Costco can happen, that gives it hope.
Pappadeaux's or PF Changs would be great. We do need more upscale dinning options. Not a second Panera Bread next to Zaxby's near Starr's Mill. There isn't even a Bone Fish or higher end steakhouse chain like Fleming's or Season's 52 in Coweta or Fayette. You would think with a population of 250K+ and growing in both counties, at least one higher end chain would take a look. Especially with probably 3000+ pilots in Peachtree City. The average Pilot only works 13-15 days a month & most have an income over 200K, so they eat out a disproportionate amount.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:58 PM

13,321 posts, read 16,412,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Very nice for the Southwest Metro.

When will PTC Dad and Newsboy chime in?
Meh ... itís in Coweta, not Fayette so I canít get too excited

Old 07-24-2018, 11:31 PM

13,146 posts, read 21,442,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Meh ... itís in Coweta, not Fayette so I canít get too excited
Hehe...love it.

Fayette: "The East Cobb of the South Metro"

Old 07-24-2018, 11:34 PM

1,864 posts, read 1,337,409 times
No, remember, Fayette is the "NORTH FULTON" of the South Metro; the 155 corridor of eastern Henry County is the "East Cobb" of the south metro. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or