Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 05:20 PM

764 posts, read 498,366 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for cheap motel north of Atlanta. Expect basic amenities like shower, wifi, fridge. Very desirable to have weekly rate. And reasonably clean as well (I notice some motel parking lot has stains of splitting, just disgusting).

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 05:22 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,943,506 times
How far north? I'd look at Cartersville off of I75.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:01 PM

A bit further would be fine as long as it has essential amenities, cheap and reasonably clean. Thanks.

Old 08-03-2018, 01:45 AM

10,339 posts, read 11,342,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw1984 View Post
I'm looking for cheap motel north of Atlanta. Expect basic amenities like shower, wifi, fridge. Very desirable to have weekly rate. And reasonably clean as well (I notice some motel parking lot has stains of splitting, just disgusting).

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
A bit further would be fine as long as it has essential amenities, cheap and reasonably clean. Thanks.
A few more details probably are needed to help you better find what you are looking for.

Knowing what town/area/district you need to be near (or what area you would need to commute to and from on a consistent basis) would be helpful.

(..."North of Atlanta" is a statement that can be applied to a really broad geographical area that covers tens-of-thousands of miles across North Georgia.)

Also knowing what your detailed definition of cheap (or an exact weekly rate/upper price limit) likely would also be helpful in guiding you in the right direction.

Otherwise, without knowing where you will needing to commute to and from on a regular basis and without knowing your exact price range (the definition of "cheap motel" might could vary from person to person), some areas to look for a "cheap motel" with a weekly rate might be north of Atlanta along such routes as:

> Interstate 75 from the Barrett Parkway interchange (Exit 269) northward away from the city...

> Interstate 575 from the Georgia 92 exit northward along the I-575/GA 515 corridor into the North Georgia Mountains region...

> Interstates 85 and 985 from the Pleasant Hill Road interchange northward away from the city...

> And even along the Georgia 400 corridor from the GA 140 Holcomb Bridge Road interchange northward away from the city.

Old 08-04-2018, 08:05 AM

@Born 2 Roll,

Thank you for your thoughtful question and input.
A desirable situation would be a motel within 40 to 60 minutes drive from Acworth (my new business partner lives in the golf (fancy) neighborhood of Acworth, we may take turns to drive to each other for meetings, this way it would reduce driving time for both of us).
"cheap motel" includes the following: $210 weekly, Motel 6 in Vadosta; $350 with a small kitchen for an inn in Canton (not too bad but one person staying there constantly plays loud music, very obnoxious, I had enough).

Old 08-04-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
@Born 2 Roll,

Thank you for your thoughtful question and input.
A desirable situation would be a motel within 40 to 60 minutes drive from Acworth (my new business partner lives in the golf (fancy) neighborhood of Acworth, we may take turns to drive to each other for meetings, this way it would reduce driving time for both of us).
"cheap motel" includes the following: $210 weekly, Motel 6 in Vadosta; $350 with a small kitchen for an inn in Canton (not too bad but one person staying there constantly plays loud music, very obnoxious, I had enough).
Check to see what options you might like around the I-75 and GA 92 interchange (Exit 277 off of I-75) where there is a fairly large cluster of cheap but seemingly quality roadside motels just off of the Interstate.

All told, there are about 11 lodgings at this exit, including...

> Hampton Inn Acworth...

> Holiday Inn Express & Suites Acworth...

> Laquinta Inn Acworth...

> Days Inn by Wyndham Acworth...

> Deerfield Lodge...

> Best Western Acworth Inn...

> Quality Inn...

> Econo Lodge...

> Super 8 by Wyndham Acworth/Atlanta area...

> Hometowne Lodge...

> Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Acworth.

You might also check to see if you might be able to find any reasonably priced Airbnb accommodations in that area.

Old 08-04-2018, 01:26 PM

There is also an Americas Best Value Inn (Acworth/Kennesaw) at the I-75/Glade Road interchange (Exit 278 off of I-75)… Which is the only lodging option at that exit which does not have as many services as the aforementioned GA 92 interchange (Exit 277) does about one mile or so down I-75.

There are also a couple of quality motels off of I-75 at Exit 283 near the burgeoning LakePoint sports development.

There is also a sizeable cluster of motels at the I-75/GA 20 interchange (Exit 290 off of I-75) that you alluded to earlier.

Old 08-04-2018, 02:49 PM

403 posts, read 613,568 times
google is your friend

Old 08-04-2018, 03:29 PM

@Born 2 Roll, thank you.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:56 PM

How about motels west of Atlanta, toward Birmingham?
Are they usually more expensive than those on 75N?

Thanks in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta