Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 10:55 PM

161 posts, read 405,457 times

Advertisements

Here's a link:

3 Atlanta suburbs among nation's safest cities | Community Spirit | Johns Creek News

For newcomers and others who are curious, I'm also attaching 2010 Census Demographics (for diversity, a whopping 25% were foreign born):

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/13/1342425.html

Johns Creek should be strongly considered for those who are seeking diverse, family friendly, safe neighborhoods.

Last edited by atlanta28; 06-25-2013 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: Added detail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 05:57 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,425,964 times
Overall, I like the North Fulton area and feel safe. I don't like the traffic. There is crime in the area, but what I mostly hear about are occasional home burglaries and breaking into cars, not much different than elsewhere in the metro. Previously, I had lived in several areas all over Atlanta and elsewhere.

Not so long ago, I found some relocation guides in printed form and then sought out to see if they were published online, which they were. I had gathered a few for a friend of mine who was moving to the area from out of state. I know nowadays you can look up any information online, but a slick glossy guide is luring to some visitors interested in the areas. I thought I would share a few findings for some areas of North Fulton.

Johns Creek
I love to look at statistics. Here is another plug-in for relocators and readers seeking to move to the area. There is a free glossy Johns Creek guidebook that can be found in grocery stores like Publix or at other high trafficed commerical areas. Johns Creek Convention and Visitors Bureau publishes this yearly glossy book Johns Creek Guidebook 2014-15 for people and businesses seeking to relocate to the general area. There is specifically a lot of demographic information on the 80K people who live in the newly formed (2006) municipality of Johns Creek. The same marketing publisher, Pubman on Powers Ferry Road, created a guide for Buckhead as well.

Alpharetta
There is also one published for nearby Alpharetta Guidebook 2014-15. The Alpharetta guidebook focuses less on demographic crunching and is a bit thinner in terms of pages published and concentrates more on details of businesses, civic organizations and Alpharetta's history of a city going back to the mid-19th century.

Roswell
I couldn't find a similar publication for Roswell, other than this Roswell Guide to Services which focuses mostly on local government services but maybe there are some out there from another publisher. I would be curious about similar marketing guides to other areas of Atlanta.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:31 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,361,554 times
The worse thing I ever heard out of Johns Creek were those ultra-scary home invasions last year. Mostly the homes of Indian Americans and the thieves were after their ceremonial jewelry. Were the culprits ever apprehended?

Old 02-18-2015, 08:34 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,753,256 times
hey, my friend lives there.

I feel safe next to a crack house, so it's like this Stafford Wife deal for me.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:42 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,972,542 times
It seems like an insult to other legitimate cities (such as Atlanta) to call a place like Johns Creek a city.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:57 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,753,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
It seems like an insult to other legitimate cities (such as Atlanta) to call a place like Johns Creek a city.
are you insulted and also, are you a city?

Johns Creek is developing city, I think.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:01 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,972,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
are you insulted and also, are you a city?
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
Johns Creek is developing city, I think.
Johns Creek is a developing municipality. There is no centralized business district, so not a city in the traditional sense, but the word city could be used as it has been in this thread.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:15 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,260,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlanta28 View Post
seeking diverse
[record screeches to a halt]

You had me up until you said diverse. A town of less than 100,000 with a median income of $109,224, average home price of over $320,000, and 63.5% white population is what I'd call a rich, exclusive community. It's even whiter than the state of Georgia overall, so I'm not sure what it's "diverse" in comparison to, but I'm sure it's a lovely little town.

(why did we start replying to this super old thread?)

Old 02-19-2015, 05:49 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,034,444 times
It depends on your definition of diversity. 63.5% white isn't horrible... there are certainly whiter areas of Atlanta (Morningside, VA Highland). It is also 23.5% asian, which shouldn't be a surprise because asians are the wealthiest ethnic group in the USA.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:57 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,384,671 times
My home town of 200 was called a "city" as that is the legal term for an incorporated municipality in this state. Take no offense to the use of correct terminology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta