U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 08:47 PM

3,258 posts, read 5,664,704 times
Thumbs up Snellville or Lawrenceville Good.

We just moved from Plantation FL and are getting ready to rent in either Lawrenceville or Snellville.

I miss Florida already, I just love the atmosphere of it (Not Miami- I much prefer central florida) Palm Trees, the Beach, just laid back. Again, not miami, it's too fast for us.

But, if I had to choose a place around atlanta, it would be either of the two
above. I don't know many places that are without some traffic issues these days. It's just a matter of getting to know the roads and finding short cuts when possible.

Either place is close to The Mall of Georgia as well so there's no shortage of shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2007, 05:48 PM

4,299 posts, read 3,964,793 times
Default Demographics?

Just curious, what are the demographics of this area? In the out of state real estate magazines in NY supermarkets, I only see African American realtors representing Snellville, Lawrenceville, Dacula, and Jonesboro. These prices seem too good to be true....minimansions in the $200,000's! What is the real deal on this area, why so cheap?

Old 06-07-2007, 09:12 AM

62 posts, read 299,392 times
I do not live there personally but am somewhat considering the area. A lot of threads on these forums suggest that areas like southern Snellville, Shilo district, are going through a good bit of white and middle class flight.

I'd be interested in hearing what others have to say about the issue as well.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:07 PM

612 posts, read 1,925,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeorwned View Post
I do not live there personally but am somewhat considering the area. A lot of threads on these forums suggest that areas like southern Snellville, Shilo district, are going through a good bit of white and middle class flight.

I'd be interested in hearing what others have to say about the issue as well.
I live in the south part of Snellville, little farther south than the Shilow district and do not see any 'flight' out of here. In fact, where I am, you are hard pressed to find a decent home under $325,000. It is very diverse but I couldn't hazard a good guess as to percentages. It just doesn't mean anything to me what a person's color is as long as you have class and education. I feel like I am surrounded by great people who take pride in themselves and their homes. I love it here.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:27 PM

91 posts, read 342,533 times
Default Very diverse area

I would say that the area here is very diverse.
I'd venture a guess that white is the majority. African-American and Mexicans make up the next highest demo. India is represented here too.
Just like in any American town there are areas with a majority of a certain race and others that are mixed.
It's a nice area that has houses in the low 200's up to the 6-700's. These Sub-divisions as they call them here. (NJ calls them developments. It took us awhile to use the correct lingo.) can be right next to each other too. Atlanta and the surrounding areas are a melting pot of America. Most coming from the North.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:03 PM

62 posts, read 299,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlh891 View Post
I live in the south part of Snellville, little farther south than the Shilow district and do not see any 'flight' out of here. In fact, where I am, you are hard pressed to find a decent home under $325,000. It is very diverse but I couldn't hazard a good guess as to percentages.
What part exactly would that be? I've browsed tax records for some of South Snellville and the average is well under 200k where North Snellville is the area pushing 300's.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:01 AM

612 posts, read 1,925,348 times
Check out some of these neighborhoods:

Belle Glade Estates
Wynterset Lakes
Lochwolde
Graycliff
Inns Brook (nice and a little more affordable than the others)

Snellville is very large and spread out. I think we have the best of everything here as it is only a few minutes drive to shopping, etc, but our day to day lives do not have all the traffic that the North Snellville people have to deal with.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 106 times
Default Moving from Long Beach to Georgia

I will be moving to Georgia soon and working in Decatur. How long will it take me to get to work if I live in Snellville? I was told the school district is academically acclaimed so I have been looking at property there to rent. I figured it was better to rent first than buy.

Also what other city would you recommend living in besides Snellville?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlh891 View Post
Check out some of these neighborhoods:

Belle Glade Estates
Wynterset Lakes
Lochwolde
Graycliff
Inns Brook (nice and a little more affordable than the others)

Snellville is very large and spread out. I think we have the best of everything here as it is only a few minutes drive to shopping, etc, but our day to day lives do not have all the traffic that the North Snellville people have to deal with.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:50 PM

686 posts, read 401,029 times
Depends on where exactly you're living and working. If working in downtown Decatur it'll probably take close to half an hour in the morning but longer in the evening. I would take that commute over others in the Atlanta area. I hope you're talking about Brookwood schools. It's the best in the area and is western Snellville. It'd be quicker than from near Grayson or Loganville.

I live in north Snellville and I like it. If you want suburbia stick with that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta