Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 09:04 PM

2,580 posts, read 2,468,029 times

Advertisements

I had warned you all of this stupidity with KLB back in 2017. It's only going to snowball from here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 09:18 PM

7,348 posts, read 6,483,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
I had warned you all of this stupidity with KLB back in 2017. It's only going to snowball from here...
I said nearly the same about both her and Kasim Reed, I got laughed at.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:48 AM

4,762 posts, read 5,396,976 times
I think what is even more laughable - Is people using the falling Atlanta Journal for their source.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
I think what is even more laughable - Is people using the falling Atlanta Journal for their source.
It doesn't matter who the medium is, and that is a red herring. The facts are that Reed and the current one are both damn fools that are not good stewards nor fit to be in the office. I deal with the cabinet-level officials and associated staff often and those individuals are clueless as KLB at running a large municipality

There were more competent individuals that were black (Lisa Borders and Caesar Mitchell) that ran against both but the Cascade Road Wrecking Crew is too busy trying to pick a fool for their nonsense to Atlanta's detriment particularly the black working class. Hell, I don't hear sh*t bad about Muriel Bowser. Because Bowser is a good steward of the rapidly gentrifying, fleetingly less black Washington DC. The same with LaToya Cantrell in NOLA. Both Bowser and Cantrell are competent black women leading strong mayor-setup municipal governments.

Meanwhile, KLB has been a do-nothing administration that is blatantly propping up herself, her friends and associates for accolades and fluffed salaries with made up positions. It's embarrassing as a black person to see someone that damn stupid as her. It's why a white mayor is more likely than people think for Atlanta.

Last edited by jero23; 03-20-2019 at 07:20 AM..

Old 03-20-2019, 06:55 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,729,238 times
Atlanta lost the opportunity to elect a smart, capable, leader in 2017; Cathy Woolard.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:08 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,339,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post

Facts are Facts. The AJC isn't making stuff up. This is all documented. I mean they have a picture of the document on KLB letterhead for the made up positions and salaries. You have a guy saying he turned down one of these positions that was offered to him personally by KLB because he thought it was unethical. KLB is trying to blame an HR person who wasn't even employed at the time with the city. The only laughable thing here is what a con and a fraud KLB is. She is an embarrassment to ethical leadership and the city.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Atlanta lost the opportunity to elect a smart, capable, leader in 2017; Cathy Woolard.
She had little to no support with black folks. I had spoken with her several times but she seemed to not connect with even me on issues aside from the high level ones.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
She had little to no support with black folks. I had spoken with her several times but she seemed to not connect with even me on issues aside from the high level ones.
Same can be said for Keisha and white folks. In fact when she came to speak at Israel Baptist Churhc during the runoff, she made the off-handed comment that she thought DeKlab County was cow pastures, this meeting was held in Atlanta-in-DeKalb. The communities of Atlanta-in-DeKlab are more urban than the OTP suburb she lives in.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:28 AM

6,495 posts, read 6,077,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Same can be said for Keisha and white folks. In fact when she came to speak at Israel Baptist Churhc during the runoff, she made the off-handed comment that she thought DeKlab County was cow pastures, this meeting was held in Atlanta-in-DeKalb. The communities of Atlanta-in-DeKlab are more urban than the OTP suburb she lives in.
The stupidity in that election knew no bounds. I know a white CoA resident that voted for KLB because they'd rather have a "sassy black woman" be mayor than a "white Buckhead housewife" (Norwood). This genius also mentioned that people who live above 14th Street should not be allowed to vote in CoA elections.

What's funny is that this person had since moved out of the CoA last fall...for Brookhaven.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
The stupidity in that election knew no bounds. I know a white CoA resident that voted for KLB because they'd rather have a "sassy black woman" be mayor than a "white Buckhead housewife" (Norwood). This genius also mentioned that people who live above 14th Street should not be allowed to vote in CoA elections.

What's funny is that this person had since moved out of the CoA last fall...for Brookhaven.
Norwood had a huge issues when discussing racial issues, I saw this first hand at a meet and greet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta