Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 08:00 AM

3,715 posts, read 3,701,850 times

Advertisements

The 365 store pics look like a cross between a Trader Joes and an Aldi. It will be interesting to see if they keep the concept. My guess is these will eventually be converted back to a Whole Foods as supporting only a dozen or so stores of a different concept won't make sense for a huge company.

I have mixed feelings on Amazon "commoditizing" whole foods in order to make them more affordable. Like anyone, I don't like paying more for groceries. However, I only go to whole foods when I want a different assortment, somewhat regardless of the upcharge (with obvious limits). If i need a unique item, or want to impress for the holidays, or support a diet someone is on, I go to Whole Foods. Hopefully the assortment doesn't get diluted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2019, 08:09 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
The 365 store pics look like a cross between a Trader Joes and an Aldi. It will be interesting to see if they keep the concept. My guess is these will eventually be converted back to a Whole Foods as supporting only a dozen or so stores of a different concept won't make sense for a huge company.

I have mixed feelings on Amazon "commoditizing" whole foods in order to make them more affordable. Like anyone, I don't like paying more for groceries. However, I only go to whole foods when I want a different assortment, somewhat regardless of the upcharge (with obvious limits). If i need a unique item, or want to impress for the holidays, or support a diet someone is on, I go to Whole Foods. Hopefully the assortment doesn't get diluted.
WF 365 concept will not expand.
Whole Foods Shelves Its 365 Store Concept | Fortune

Old 01-16-2019, 08:25 AM

1,709 posts, read 3,425,818 times
Yes, choosing poorer neighborhoods is a great strategy.

Old 01-16-2019, 08:37 AM

3,715 posts, read 3,701,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
No, right, I totally get they aren't expanding, moreso curious if they will kill the concept in the current stores that recently opened or not

Old 01-16-2019, 10:11 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
No, right, I totally get they aren't expanding, moreso curious if they will kill the concept in the current stores that recently opened or not
It sounds like they eventually will, as they are clearly abandoning the concept.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:26 AM

347 posts, read 380,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
It sounds like they eventually will, as they are clearly abandoning the concept.
Which makes sense considering they've been lowering their prices across the regular Whole Foods ever since the Amazon merger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta