U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 06:54 PM

28,599 posts, read 25,344,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody112 View Post
You do pick and choose. You are against someone drinking at 3:59am but you will not have a problem with some eating fast food at that same time or lusting, having sex b4 marriage, smoking, having your accountants lie so you can get more money from your taxes, etc.
What is this repetitive argument about sex before marriage, smoking, "lusting," eating fast food, etc.? I couldn't care less what people do about things like that, as long as they're not expecting me to bear the consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 08:51 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,449,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
What is this repetitive argument about sex before marriage, smoking, "lusting," eating fast food, etc.? I couldn't care less what people do about things like that, as long as they're not expecting me to bear the consequences.

The consequences arent going to have an effect on you in either situation but it still isn't going to stop you from being condescending when it doesn't work the way you think it should. There are tons of after hour joints around town where you can drink as late as you want. Is that effecting you now? lol. No

Old 01-29-2019, 05:06 PM

30 posts, read 15,706 times
Quote:
If somebody goes to the Superbowl and is still out drinking at 4 am they may want to check themselves.

So according to you, when is the correct time to start and stop drinking?

Old 01-29-2019, 05:10 PM

30 posts, read 15,706 times
Quote:
No, I don't pick and choose that way.

We live in a (relatively) free country, but the fact that something is legal or that you can get away with it doesn't make it a positive thing.

If there are benefits to boozing until 4 am, I'm open to hearing them.

Maybe they got off work at 3am. Now if you are talking about long term drinking ie like drinking for 7 hours straight....is that a healthy thing to do? Absolutely not. But who cares. So from what you're saying we should only be allowed to do positive things? Not sure exactly what you are getting at here or what point you are trying to make. Most people consider drinking a type of escape or a way to unwind. Are you suggesting that nobody should be allowed to have fun? Have I sat in a bar and drank for 10 hours? Absolutely. Not sure why people of your ilk have a problem with what I do with my time. You sound absurd.

Also, just because someone is out drinking at 4am doesnt mean they are driving. I believe our society has gotten better with that issue, and uber definitely helps. I am totally opposed to drinking and driving although I did my fair share of it when I was younger like an idiot. Now I NEVER drink and drive.

Last edited by Thedude404; 01-29-2019 at 05:21 PM..

Old 01-29-2019, 08:54 PM

28,599 posts, read 25,344,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedude404 View Post
Maybe they got off work at 3am. Now if you are talking about long term drinking ie like drinking for 7 hours straight....is that a healthy thing to do? Absolutely not. But who cares. So from what you're saying we should only be allowed to do positive things? Not sure exactly what you are getting at here or what point you are trying to make. Most people consider drinking a type of escape or a way to unwind. Are you suggesting that nobody should be allowed to have fun? Have I sat in a bar and drank for 10 hours? Absolutely. Not sure why people of your ilk have a problem with what I do with my time. You sound absurd.

Also, just because someone is out drinking at 4am doesnt mean they are driving. I believe our society has gotten better with that issue, and uber definitely helps. I am totally opposed to drinking and driving although I did my fair share of it when I was younger like an idiot. Now I NEVER drink and drive.
Who said anything about what people should be allowed to do?

My comment was simply that if somebody goes to the Superbowl and is still sitting in a bar slamming them down at 4 am the next day, maybe they ought to check themselves.

Old 01-30-2019, 01:43 PM

7,966 posts, read 9,824,428 times
My drinking days are long behind me. I barely even drink socially these days.

But I recognize that having a strong nightlife culture is absolutely core to attracting the upwardly mobile young people we need to keep the city strong. And having a certain vitality to the area attracts more entertainment options that are good even for people who do not drink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or