Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2019, 12:08 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,364,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Where I run into a lot is when I'm sitting at an intersection and getting ready to make a right turn. I observe pedestrians on the corner to my right (or in close proximity) and I don't know whether they are getting ready to cross or not.

So I wait a second to see what they are going to do.

In the meantime, some yahoo behind me -- who can't even see the corner -- starts blowing his horn for me to go ahead.

Yeah, literally that's what happened to me the other day except the driver didn't even take the time to look around. The pedestrians had already started walking as soon as my light turned green (they had a green too but obviously we are suppose to yield to them). People need to learn to be patient and observant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Scientist View Post
Saw city of Atlanta wrangling scooters into a pickup truck near Georgia Tech. Had a JUMP bike in there too haha.

Maybe that's what happened yesterday at GSU campus. I didn't see as many lined up. If I saw them throwing them in a truck I'd probably be like, "Can I give you a hand?" LOL.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post

Yes, scooters need their own lanes. They absolutely should not be driven on sidewalks. Scooters can help people to get to places versus always depending on Uber/Lyft. I agree with that and yes, Marta definitely doesn't get you everywhere and so a scooter would come in handy.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:36 PM

1,180 posts, read 983,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Maybe that's what happened yesterday at GSU campus. I didn't see as many lined up. If I saw them throwing them in a truck I'd probably be like, "Can I give you a hand?" LOL.
It was pretty funny. I wonder if there will be jobs for getting them out of impound.

Old 02-26-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
It was pretty funny. I wonder if there will be jobs for getting them out of impound.

Well some posters are saying that it wouldn't be worth the cost to get them out and so maybe not. Then again, maybe it will be worth it if they aggressively pursue impounding.

Old 02-26-2019, 03:12 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,857,747 times
Quote:
At that point the scooter companies have turned a profit on the individual scooters and the cost to get them out of impound and repairs is higher than dropping new units.

Old 02-26-2019, 03:18 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,773,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
At that point the scooter companies have turned a profit on the individual scooters and the cost to get them out of impound and repairs is higher than dropping new units.
This may well go the way of the massive oversupply of bike-sharing bikes.

Once the Chinese get going on something it's mindblowing how much they can produce.

China Is Still Sorting Through Its Colorful Bike-Share Graveyards

Old 02-26-2019, 08:24 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,357,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
This may well go the way of the massive oversupply of bike-sharing bikes.

Once the Chinese get going on something it's mindblowing how much they can produce.

China Is Still Sorting Through Its Colorful Bike-Share Graveyards
That's just depressing.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
That's just depressing.

It's very depressing...the amount of waste and pollution all while these companies make how much profit and aren't penalized (enough) for their wastefulness.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:48 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,871,842 times
Good interview with the an expert on car parking on how to handle scooter parking: https://www.bird.co/blog/donald-shou...or-e-scooters/

Basically, cities need to price curb space fairly for all users. Then let scooter companies have the option of paying to use it. You could fit dozens of scooters in one car parking space.

Sounds like a winning idea to me. Fine scooters parked illegally, set a fair price for curb spaces, and give scooter companies a way to buy / rent curb-spaces to park scooters in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta