U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM
 
22 posts, read 4,699 times
Reputation: 39

Advertisements

Dude is 26 and has lived here since he was 12. He's lived here longer than some of y'all who claim Atlanta as your hometown.

He was also brought here as a child and overstaying his visa wasn't his fault, at all. Atlanta is his home of 14 years, you think he should be deported back to a country where he hasn't lived in over half his life? ICE is ****ed up and so are some of y'all's priorities if you think deporting 21 is a good use of federal resources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM
 
Location: St Simons Island, GA
21,901 posts, read 33,800,357 times
Reputation: 13671
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydwelling View Post
Dude is 26 and has lived here since he was 12. He's lived here longer than some of y'all who claim Atlanta as your hometown.

He was also brought here as a child and overstaying his visa wasn't his fault, at all. Atlanta is his home of 14 years, you think he should be deported back to a country where he hasn't lived in over half his life? ICE is ****ed up and so are some of y'all's priorities if you think deporting 21 is a good use of federal resources.
Your argument overlooks the already established fact that he has a felony on his record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:11 AM
 
22 posts, read 4,699 times
Reputation: 39
A non-violent drug offense, something thousands of Atlantans have. That's not a reason to deport someone to a country where they haven't lived since they were in elementary school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 01:26 AM
 
1,029 posts, read 488,058 times
Reputation: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydwelling View Post
A non-violent drug offense, something thousands of Atlantans have. That's not a reason to deport someone to a country where they haven't lived since they were in elementary school.
I don't know man, some people get deported for speeding tickets, I've read. I mean, he'll be straight either way. This story is just very unexpected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:13 AM
 
2,510 posts, read 1,193,200 times
Reputation: 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Had his visa expired as well?

Im going to do some digging to see what he did when he was here but people dont get deported just for visa expiration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:26 AM
 
1,628 posts, read 1,693,863 times
Reputation: 1247
Here’s part of an interview with him.

https://www.gq.com/story/21-savage-profile-2018

When he was in the seventh grade, he was banned from all DeKalb County, Georgia, schools for bringing a gun to class and did time in juvenile. (“That **** was really fun,” he says.)

“I used to rob the hell out of everybody,” he says. “If you had it, if it was worth something, I’d take it.” He has a taste for designer fashion now, but back then he rarely stole clothes. Mostly money and, when he was younger, cars. The fastest whip he ever jacked? “A Camaro SS,” he says. He was arrested only once on serious felony charges when a contraband-filled car he was riding in got pulled over. “It wasn’t my fault, though, and I done sold every drug, robbed every—I did everything there is to do, except rob a bank. I swear to God on my life I did everything in between. And I ain’t never go to jail for that ****.”

It wasn’t your fault you got arrested?

“It wasn’t my fault that we got caught,” he says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:53 AM
 
1,442 posts, read 605,482 times
Reputation: 1307
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydwelling View Post
Dude is 26 and has lived here since he was 12. He's lived here longer than some of y'all who claim Atlanta as your hometown.

He was also brought here as a child and overstaying his visa wasn't his fault, at all. Atlanta is his home of 14 years, you think he should be deported back to a country where he hasn't lived in over half his life? ICE is ****ed up and so are some of y'all's priorities if you think deporting 21 is a good use of federal resources.
The flaw with your argument is that "some of y'all" are actually US citizens, even if not necessarily natives to Atlanta.

21 Savage is not a US citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:56 AM
 
1,442 posts, read 605,482 times
Reputation: 1307
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydwelling View Post
A non-violent drug offense, something thousands of Atlantans have. That's not a reason to deport someone to a country where they haven't lived since they were in elementary school.
12 years old is technically middle school headed to high school.

And it's not like he was an infant or toddler. At 12 years old, you're pretty conscious about what's going on around you. There's no way he didn't know about his citizenship status, even if he personlly couldn't do anything about it until he was 18.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:00 AM
 
672 posts, read 338,146 times
Reputation: 993
What's messed up is that this guy has been here since he was a child and apparently was committing crimes since he got here. Now that he's actually a productive citizen, built a life here and paying taxes, now we're going to deport him?? It makes no sense and is pretty cruel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:01 AM
 
1,442 posts, read 605,482 times
Reputation: 1307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Had his visa expired as well?
Not that I'm aware of, but he is now applying for U.S. citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top