U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:14 AM

676 posts, read 338,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Really?
Yes really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:16 AM

5,175 posts, read 2,896,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
You are not a child and you are in no position to judge anyone. We don't know what struggles he faced, but he has since stayed out of trouble and become a very productive citizen, paying quite a bit more taxes that even you.
First of all, you have no idea of how much in taxes he actually pays, or how much I pay. Thatís a very disingenuous thing to say. Itís also irrelevant to the conversation.

I donít judge his lifestyle, his looks, his lyrics. But as someone who has been through the immigration process, I know what they look for, and what they donít like to see. Apparently his felony conviction was expunged but USCIS can still consider it. As well as his gang association and his lyrics admitting to violent crime. Take a look at the lyrics for No Heart.

Whatís interesting is his attorneyís attempt to get him into the US legally through a U Visa. Itís a visa designed to help victims of crime. The argument is that he has 3 US citizen children that he supports, and that he was traumatized in 2013 by crimes he witnessed.

Itís in my opinion a weak argument, but possible, if he becomes legally admissible again. Right now as he is subject to deportation he isnít. Documented stories like him pulling a gun out last year donít help his story.

Old Today, 08:22 AM

21,908 posts, read 33,800,357 times
Quote:
Yes really.
No point arguing with the willfully obtuse, I suppose. You and I have very different ideas about what constitutes 'staying out of trouble'.

Old Today, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2ATL60 View Post
Well according to the media, he is applied for a U-Visa in 2017 since he was apparently the victim of a crime in 2013, and his application is pending. His attorney is stating that is enough reason for him to become a permanent resident.

I think ICE will have a tough time deporting him. He now has the support of Black Lives Matter, as well as many vocal (rich) folks, plus he has the money to retain a great attorney. After reading the story, I do feel bad for the guy since he at no fault of his own was brought here as a minor. I mean at 13, you can't just go back to the UK on your own if your family remained in the US.

This will be an interesting case for sure!
It will be interesting.

Note that a U Visa is a non-immigrant visa (like the H-1B). It allows dual intent - you can apply for a green card - but is not permanent residency itself. The visa was really designed for victims of sexual trafficking so this will be an unusual - and public - case.

And the road to a green card isnít automatic. A good lawyer and lots of money will help, but if that were just the case why not apply for an EB-5 investor visa? All heíd have to do is set up a new label and hire 10 citizens, assuming he has $1,000,000 to invest. Which he might not have.

I know someone going through an EB-5 now. Pretty much a slam dunk green card.

Old Today, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Yes really.
You must have a different definition of trouble than most.

https://www.tmz.com/2018/06/10/21-sa...fight-georgia/

Old Today, 08:32 AM

1,450 posts, read 605,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
It will be interesting.

Note that a U Visa is a non-immigrant visa (like the H-1B). It allows dual intent - you can apply for a green card - but is not permanent residency itself. The visa was really designed for victims of sexual trafficking so this will be an unusual - and public - case.

And the road to a green card isn’t automatic. A good lawyer and lots of money will help, but if that were just the case why not apply for an EB-5 investor visa? All he’d have to do is set up a new label and hire 10 citizens, assuming he has $1,000,000 to invest. Which he might not have.

21 Savage has a net worth of $21 million, so money was never the issue.

Old Today, 08:46 AM

28,586 posts, read 25,332,284 times
Quote:
It will be interesting.

And the road to a green card isnít automatic. A good lawyer and lots of money will help, but if that were just the case why not apply for an EB-5 investor visa? All heíd have to do is set up a new label and hire 10 citizens, assuming he has $1,000,000 to invest. Which he might not have.

We had a specialized employee here on an H1-B and they made her go back, despite considerable lawyering and local support. This was 20 years and things may have changed but I don't think you can assume anybody will get a green card.

Old Today, 08:56 AM

2,510 posts, read 1,193,200 times
The link below talks about some of the things bieber did when he was in the States. 21 may get deported but for bieber, the question was never raised.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/justi...-again-2111847

If what I'm reading is true and he's pulling out guns at summer parties (basically still causing trouble), then I wouldn't object to his deportation because we have enough people doing that **** already and don't need anymore.

Still, the law needs to be applied fairly. You can't pick and choose who gets to be deported when both have committed crimes in the US.

Old Today, 09:06 AM

28,586 posts, read 25,332,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
The link below talks about some of the things bieber did when he was in the States. 21 may get deported but for bieber, the question was never raised.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/justi...-again-2111847

If what I'm reading is true and he's pulling out guns at summer parties (basically still causing trouble), then I wouldn't object to his deportation because we have enough people doing that **** already and don't need anymore.

Still, the law needs to be applied fairly. You can't pick and choose who gets to be deported when both have committed crimes in the US.
It wouldn't break my heart to see the Biebs go back to Canada. Who needs an egg-throwing, drunk-driving self-entitled punk?

Old Today, 09:15 AM

1,030 posts, read 488,058 times
Quote:
It will be interesting.

I really don't think money is a problem. He already has employees I think. It's very unusual because he's a celebrity and has gotten in trouble and they're just now finding out about his immigration status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta