U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2019, 08:28 PM

3 posts, read 334 times

Advertisements

Hello. I am hoping to get some insight regarding the special needs program within the PTC school district. We are considering moving to the area from northeast Gwinnett to make my husbands commute more reasonable. He is a federal officer at the airport. HOWEVER, the single most important determining factor is whether the district, which I know is generally very good, has good services for our disabled 5 yr old girl. Coming from such a large district like Gwinnett I wonder if the “small town” aspect of PTC would be a drawback or beneficial? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 09:33 AM

4 posts, read 1,182 times
I would look into finding a group called Southside Support and communicating with them.This is a very active group of special needs parents and caregivers based in Fayetteville, Peachtree City and surrounding areas ( They have over 400+ members). They can give lots of insight as to what is available for individuals with special needs in the school systems and so forth. They have a facebook page and website.
As a parent of a special needs individual who lived in Fayette County, I found the services to be really good for my child with autism.I really liked that it was a smaller school system. My child was known by his name and not a number by the county's special needs director.

Old 02-16-2019, 10:41 AM

13,330 posts, read 16,438,330 times
Fayette County’s Exceptional Children Services program is pretty much the model for the entire state. They spare no expense or resources.

Old 02-16-2019, 10:49 AM

582 posts, read 366,088 times
As mentioned by Newsboy, Peachtree City schools are part of the Fayette County School System. Fayette is not as large as Gwinnett, but it's not small town by any means. Fayette is the second most affluent county in the state and one of the top 50 most affluent counties in the nation. There are over 20,000 students in Fayette County, and it's one of the best resourced districts in the state. Your daughter should be able to receive the resources and help she needs.

Old 02-16-2019, 06:50 PM

3 posts, read 334 times
Thanks everyone. I looked up the Facebook page suggested above and have already joined. Hopefully they’ll let me pick their brain. Anyone know anything about the Joseph Sam School?

Old 02-16-2019, 07:39 PM

2,567 posts, read 1,219,831 times
As someone who used to work with people who have special needs, I'm glad that there is somewhere parent(s) can feel more at ease about getting their children enrolled. Before I used to tell people to please stay where they are. This is great!

Old 02-18-2019, 07:15 PM

582 posts, read 366,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritrod25 View Post
Thanks everyone. I looked up the Facebook page suggested above and have already joined. Hopefully they’ll let me pick their brain. Anyone know anything about the Joseph Sam School?
I know someone that has a child at the Joseph Sam school, and the rave about it. They accommodate kids with moderate to severe special needs. In fact, our friends moved out of state, but returned back to Peachtree City when they couldn't find a school as good as the Sam school.

Several people relocate to the area just to have their kids attend the school. Take a look at the parent reviews on FB.

The Joseph Sams School | Serving Children with Special Needs

Old Today, 12:01 PM

3 posts, read 334 times
Thank you so much for this feedback!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or