U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 08:25 PM

1,447 posts, read 2,549,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Gotta pay the price. Even as a two million miler, I receive absolutely no benefits. So much for being a loyal customer all of these years. Nonetheless, I will continue to support (be a customer of) our locally-based airline. It is has been a good corporate citizen for many years now.

The only thing I see Delta doing around Atlanta is putting up billboards everywhere. I'm sure they donate to great causes. Honestly, what company that size doesn't? I posted this in the other thread, but BANKS donate more of their profits than Delta does. Greedy bankers.

Just because they're local doesn't get me over the hump of the b.s. they shove down customers throats.

And a 2 million miler should be lifetime Gold. That gets a little bit of something. Maybe Econ Comfort or something once a blue moon. But you have to buy the $50-100 more expensive Main Cabin ticket just to be eligible for an upgrade lulz....what a f'in load of crap. "Sure, you can buy the cheapest seat that is closest in price to our competition, but don't expect any upgrades if you otherwise qualified because we just don't value you that much anymore. We know we're a monopoly and you'll fly us anyways".

Old 02-20-2019, 12:41 PM

9,807 posts, read 8,964,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
The only thing I see Delta doing around Atlanta is putting up billboards everywhere. I'm sure they donate to great causes. Honestly, what company that size doesn't? I posted this in the other thread, but BANKS donate more of their profits than Delta does. Greedy bankers.

Just because they're local doesn't get me over the hump of the b.s. they shove down customers throats.

And a 2 million miler should be lifetime Gold. That gets a little bit of something. Maybe Econ Comfort or something once a blue moon. But you have to buy the $50-100 more expensive Main Cabin ticket just to be eligible for an upgrade lulz....what a f'in load of crap. "Sure, you can buy the cheapest seat that is closest in price to our competition, but don't expect any upgrades if you otherwise qualified because we just don't value you that much anymore. We know we're a monopoly and you'll fly us anyways".
That seems about right...

Old Today, 06:08 AM

4,064 posts, read 3,415,328 times
So grateful for Delta - just like Atlanta, it’s just some things homers will be loyal to - Delta is one of them. No airline has match the amount of money Delta has given back to its employees the past three years. Anyone remembers the old Delta commercials that shows the L-1011 landing and little girl saying “it’s grandma”.

Old Today, 06:22 AM

1,633 posts, read 665,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
So grateful for Delta - just like Atlanta, it’s just some things homers will be loyal to - Delta is one of them. No airline has match the amount of money Delta has given back to its employees the past three years. Anyone remembers the old Delta commercials that shows the L-1011 landing and little girl saying “it’s grandma”.
Thanks for the positive commentary about a hometown loyal friend and true to Atlanta instead of disparaging comments about a company that has interjected an additional $1 billion dollars into the local economy from their own profit and hires over 30,000 Georgians directly.

Old Today, 08:19 AM

1,447 posts, read 2,549,149 times
Itís like people walk around with blinders on. I donít give a **** how much they give to their employees when considering the methods used to obtain those funds. Wake up people. They would have left those dollars in that same local economy if they didnít pry it out their customers hands, who are also mostly local.

Old Today, 12:15 PM

4,227 posts, read 2,545,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Where do you think those profits come from? Baggage fees are simply a revenue and profit generator.
I usually fly Southwest when I need to check baggage because their two free bags policy usually makes them a better deal.

Old Today, 01:47 PM

8,034 posts, read 9,875,809 times
It's all taxpayer money, anyway.

If we didn't bail Delta out in 2001, it would be gone.

AND, Delta totally wiped out all of its shareholders in 2007 when it emerged from bankruptcy: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/de...rom-bankruptcy

So screw Delta.

Old Today, 07:18 PM

15,106 posts, read 27,082,679 times
Thread closed at the OP Request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta