U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2019, 12:05 PM

2 posts, read 144 times

Advertisements

I am single, early 30's and looking to buy a home $250K or less (open to condo's, townhouses). It seems the Atlanta market is extremely tight, particularly in Brookhaven/Chamblee, which would be my top choice otherwise- (& particularly at my price point).

Does anyone know about the Scottdale area, just outside of Decatur and Avondale Estates? It seems to MAYBE be up and coming? That is my hope anyways...they did build the Whole Foods 365 right near there (still technically Decatur) and some other new construction out that way. I am aware of the school system being poor and the past reputation of Scottdale not being great...

The Lantern Ridge community with townhomes and houses appears particularly nice...any thoughts, experience with this side of town?

Thank you-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 12:31 PM

1,638 posts, read 1,700,098 times
I think it’s a bargain, for what you get. It’s in close proximity to some really nice areas, and Your Dekalb Farmers Market is there, which is one of the best places to buy foodstuffs around. I had a couple of their delicious muffins for breakfast, lol. Scottsdale might not be far enough along for some people, a lot of it is industrial, but I don’t think it’s too unsafe, just not filled out yet.

Old 02-19-2019, 01:15 PM

71 posts, read 25,785 times
I sold my Scottdale townhouse last fall. It is in the Lantern Ridge neighborhood right off North Decatur Rd. I loved the area for the most part. It's close to Atlanta, very close to Avondale Estates and downtown Decatur. There's plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby and there's quick access to I285/Hwy78 etc.

The downsides, IMO, the schools are horrible and there seems to be a fair amount of petty crime in the general area.

The area is transitioning and lots of new infill homes are being built. I think buying here is a good long-term investment. I left because I wanted more space, my own yard and I wanted to be further out in the suburbs.

Old Today, 09:57 AM

1 posts
Atlanta Magazine, issue February 2018, lists Scottdale as a HOT neighborhood. Now is the time to buy there, as prices are only going to increase! Full disclosure, I am also a full time real estate agent. Let me know if you need more information about Scottdale and I will be glad to send you more info offline. Thanks

Old Today, 02:11 PM

2 posts, read 144 times
Thanks to everyone here - this feedback was helpful and MUCH appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta