Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 06:20 AM

2,363 posts, read 1,850,107 times

Advertisements

What's the best deal for rent in the Atlanta area?

Lets do :

(1) best deal ITP

(2) best deal overall

(3) best deal within 20 minutes drive of Midtown

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 06:35 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,943,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
What's the best deal for rent in the Atlanta area?

Lets do :

(1) best deal ITP

(2) best deal overall

(3) best deal within 20 minutes drive of Midtown

You have to give us more criteria. What is the best deal for one person isn't for another. Do you need solid schools, safety, access to MARTA, nightlife, etc.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:42 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,049,033 times
There is no best deal. Everything sells for the exact value it offers. Capitalism demands it.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
There is no best deal. Everything sells for the exact value it offers. Capitalism demands it.
Inequities (real or perceived) between cost and value are the engine that drives capitalism.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post
You have to give us more criteria. What is the best deal for one person isn't for another. Do you need solid schools, safety, access to MARTA, nightlife, etc.
I don't need schools. Safety is important. MARTA access only important to the extent it's faster than driving to reach my destinations. Nightlife would be nice, but not a must.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:06 AM

1,180 posts, read 983,115 times
Lindbergh.

Easy access to MARTA, 400, 85 and to an extent 75. One stop to Buckhead and Midtown on MARTA. It doesn't have the greatest nightlife but there are few places to chill like Gold Room, Tongue and Groove, a soon to be transformed Wet Willies. . There are big box retailers, a Kroger and chain restaurants as well. Most of what you need day to day is in the area. It's not the most picturesque place but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in Atlanta.

Old 03-06-2019, 05:46 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,930,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Scientist View Post
Lindbergh.

Easy access to MARTA, 400, 85 and to an extent 75. One stop to Buckhead and Midtown on MARTA. It doesn't have the greatest nightlife but there are few places to chill like Gold Room, Tongue and Groove, a soon to be transformed Wet Willies. . There are big box retailers, a Kroger and chain restaurants as well. Most of what you need day to day is in the area. It's not the most picturesque place but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in Atlanta.
I could second this (based on the little I know). Great location being basically between Buckhead and Midtown.

OTP I'd dare say NE Coweta county/NW Fayette county. Not a bad commute to the airport area and even to downtown. Traffic isn't near as bad as the northern suburbs. Schools aren't terrible. Only downside is it's far from the jobs in the northern burbs.

ITP - Vinings?

Old 03-06-2019, 06:39 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,254,477 times
Atlanta Scientist lives in the Lindbergh area and says that's the best value, so. I'm gonna go ahead and rep for my area too and say, Vinings. It's safe, nice, close to most stuff, and cheaper than Buckhead, definitely a whole lot cheaper than in-town.

I bought my slightly-ITP condo 3 years ago last month, and the value has gone up almost 50%. I couldn't be happier with that. And I have low property taxes, taxes are low in general in Cobb. Which is kind of good and bad, I guess.

I do wish there was a nearby MARTA station, not that I would necessarily use it all the time, but would be good to have. Sucks that there's not a NW line even for Buckhead.

But, you know, if there was then it would have made the area even hotter and I might not could have afforded my place.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:45 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,254,477 times
The other area that's nice and safe and a pretty good value IMO, would be kind of the equivalent area over on the NE side of ITP, in DeKalb. The whole 30345 area/ Shallowford and the Briarcliff corridor.

Close to Decatur which is the best spot, without all that Brookhaven overpriced trendiness.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
I could second this (based on the little I know). Great location being basically between Buckhead and Midtown.

OTP I'd dare say NE Coweta county/NW Fayette county. Not a bad commute to the airport area and even to downtown. Traffic isn't near as bad as the northern suburbs. Schools aren't terrible. Only downside is it's far from the jobs in the northern burbs.

ITP - Vinings?
Everyone is saying this. Isn't Lindburgh the "rough part" of Buckhead? is that old news?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta