U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 09:39 AM

11,894 posts, read 45,819,460 times

Advertisements

That big RED FLAG-
How does a company (LLC) incorporate in the state of FL just 2yrs ago get 5 complaints to the BBB in such a short time?
That easy- It's business as usual (status quo). Nothing changed but the name. Steve Been follows in his father's foot steps- a poor example of mentor- sad but true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 03:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,406 times
Wow! It kills me when people complain about builders. Thousands of happy homehowners have purchased from Legacy Communities and refer new propects everyday. NO ONE is totally happy with anything...but to slander a builder because you had a bad experience or got kicked out for your unagreeable behavior is meesed up. And WHAT homeowner you know encourages people not to purchase from their builder ensuring the value decline even more if homes arent sold.

The biggest and the best of builders nation wide went under due to the housing market collapsing. They reinvent themselves under new names or/and new ownership all the time. This doesnt mean they're hiding something. The proof is with the hoemowners. Not just 1 or 2 in the subdivision....but all. You know this buy the amount of 4 sale signs. If they're arent many....try them for yourself. DONT BE A FOLLOWER>>>BE YOU"RE OWN LEADER.

EVERYONE wants more than what they can pay for. This is one of the 1st new homes builder is Atlanta that offered people more house finally...for their housing dollar. If you want state of the art fixtures...go buy a state of the art home. Otherwse, do like the rest of us smart savvy people...buy a home for less and add these things in later. This way you pay for it once and its not financed into your mortgage.

This builder really does give you what you want in terms of quality, size, pricing and customer service. I'm sure all big business have complaints.....but read between what complaining people are not saying versus what they are saying. Happy home searching.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanraya View Post
Wow! It kills me when people complain about builders. Thousands of happy homehowners have purchased from Legacy Communities and refer new propects everyday. NO ONE is totally happy with anything...but to slander a builder because you had a bad experience or got kicked out for your unagreeable behavior is meesed up. And WHAT homeowner you know encourages people not to purchase from their builder ensuring the value decline even more if homes arent sold.

The biggest and the best of builders nation wide went under due to the housing market collapsing. They reinvent themselves under new names or/and new ownership all the time. This doesnt mean they're hiding something. The proof is with the hoemowners. Not just 1 or 2 in the subdivision....but all. You know this buy the amount of 4 sale signs. If they're arent many....try them for yourself. DONT BE A FOLLOWER>>>BE YOU"RE OWN LEADER.

EVERYONE wants more than what they can pay for. This is one of the 1st new homes builder is Atlanta that offered people more house finally...for their housing dollar. If you want state of the art fixtures...go buy a state of the art home. Otherwse, do like the rest of us smart savvy people...buy a home for less and add these things in later. This way you pay for it once and its not financed into your mortgage.

This builder really does give you what you want in terms of quality, size, pricing and customer service. I'm sure all big business have complaints.....but read between what complaining people are not saying versus what they are saying. Happy home searching.
Good Defense, but do you live in home built by this Builder?

Old 04-02-2011, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 2,187 times
Default Good Legacy Experience

Hello All,

I have been following this post for sometime now and decided to chime on on Legacy. I moved into my place in Snellville in January 09 and I have had only minor problems. As for the 2/10 warranty I simply stayed on the warranty department and made sure they came out and fixed every problem I had. I felt like for the money I spent they shoudl hold up their end of the bargain. This is my first home so this has definately been a learning experience and I think I have adjusted well. Financing was easy and I was able to walk into the home for just 1 dollar down and I took an online course and got a check for $5000 towards a downpayment. They finance company way very courteous and so were the people with the warranty company - some of which I am still in touch with today. There are 2 issues that I have a problem with that in time I feel can be resolved. The house came without gutters all around so I got those installed myself. The homeowners association does nothing in the community in my opinion and the vacant lots need to be kept. It is my understanding that legacy has gone out of business. There is no excuse however for those lots not to be kept up. I have been doing a little research as to who we need to talk to to get the lots tended to, so hopefully soon we will find out. Other than those two issues, I have enjoyed my home.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,032 times
Default The Villages of Hampton

Hello, I am considering buying a home in the "The Villages of Hampton" in Henry County. Does anyone know anything about the community. I have to travel a long way to get down there, so I do not want to waste my time if the community is not worth it. I am also an Iraqi War Disabled Vet so it is not easy for me to travel back and forth. Any information will be appreciated.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:08 PM

2 posts, read 2,426 times
I rented a home for three years with a Managment company Metro residential properties after moving I waited 30 days to get my deposit back of 2025.00 I called, emailed and wrote them and never got a response. I filed a small claim in court and the sheriff could not find them. I decided to go after the owner of the house and researched the deed and who paid the taxes it came back Legacy Communities of Vickers Mill. I have researched legacy communities they have a po box that is bogus, phone number discounted I sent letters all the way to Fl with no response. Legacy communities have 96 communities listed by the seceratry of state on in tax assosors office but I can not find them no where. They paid taxes on this house I have the tax bill and it has the same po box number I have tried to contact them. They have no website. Does anyone have information on this company

Old 02-05-2012, 06:26 PM

75 posts, read 505,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena'e View Post
Hello, I am considering buying a home in the "The Villages of Hampton" in Henry County. Does anyone know anything about the community. I have to travel a long way to get down there, so I do not want to waste my time if the community is not worth it. I am also an Iraqi War Disabled Vet so it is not easy for me to travel back and forth. Any information will be appreciated.
Did you buy the home? How did things work out? I looked at a property there yesterday and was wondering the same thing.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,321 times
Thought I'd chime in just in case anyone else has been looking at Peachtree Communities. We signed our contract back in early October 2012 and even though we were told our home would be finished in January, they still haven't completed it. Our closing date has been pushed back three times and now we are crossing our fingers for a mid April 2013 closing date. Overall, the houses seem to be of good quality, but maybe that's because we are in Forsyth county and from what I hear building inspections are strict. There are obviously a lot of organization and management issues with peachtree communities. Communication with the builder's agent has been one hurdle after another as no one seems to deliver on their promises. It's good bang for your buck, but you get what you pay for when it comes to customer service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta