Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 08:09 PM

26 posts, read 181,699 times

Advertisements

I am new to the Atlanta Area and I am considering buying a Legacy Community Home in South Fulton. Can anyone tell me any information about this builder? I have heard a few things but I am not sure what to believe, they give you alot for the money, and alot of things for free I.E. Refrig, microwave, blinds and more. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2007, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 16,824 times
I have friends that bought one about a year ago. They are very happy with it.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 16,805 times
Exclamation Legacy Community

We just purchased a home in a Legacy Community, first we signed our contract in 02/05 and we were told our closing wuld be 6/05,,,well they did not start building til July, and no explanations as to why the hold up.So we did not close til this past November. Since were are now in our home,,for the most part, I really like my home,,but now that we are in it, we can really see the extremly poor workmanship, like very sloppy paint jobs, the carpet was installed poorly. At our first walk through, Legacy did not have the power turned on so we could not test any electrical outlets,so at our 2nd walk through we paid ga power 50.00 to turn the power on, and at our 2nd walk through, we found out the electricity did not work, and he house had to be rewired. Had we not turned the power on, we would not have known this til after closing.

[removed because of a legal demand]

Last edited by Administrator; 02-22-2007 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: [removed because of a legal demand]

Old 01-29-2007, 02:53 PM

1 posts, read 16,784 times
My wife and I moved into our Legacy hoime a little over a year ago and we have been very happy. Our warranty has been great. We found out that the Tampa group just is another Legacy company that owns lots and Legacy does not rent homes. MSLADEE is uninformed. Check with the Better Business Bureau like we did.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:03 PM

26 posts, read 181,699 times
Default legacy in better business bureau

I took ur advice Tiger, and saw that Legacy had over 50 complaints in less than 7 months. I think I will look for another builder.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:15 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,603,828 times
As a warning to anyone looking at building or buying a home in a community that is not totally built out -- the market in Atlanta is slowing down and msladee's story may become more and more common.

If not Section 8 -- developers may sell off remaining land to builders who build a lesser quality product on remaining land -- this was fairly common in the early 1990s in metro Atlanta. Other problem will be with amenities. If the pool and tennis court are very important to you, make sure they are built before you close.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:09 AM

86 posts, read 436,037 times
Lastminutemom is totally correct on this!! Not only are builders selling to lesser quality builders, the original builder in the neighborhoods are starting to put poor quality construction and products in homes to reduce the prices just to get them sold. Watch out!! If I were anyone currently buying a home in the Atlanta market, I would seriously consider a home that is a couple of years old as the construction was much better then. Of course this depends on what builder you are looking at as well since there are tons of builders in the Atlanta market that build CRAP no matter what the economy or housing market is doing at the time. If you need help, please don't hesitate to PM me and I would be more then glad to answer home builder questions since I work for the 2nd largest home inspection companies in the country.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 16,660 times
We where having a home built by Legacy Communities but they refused to address some very serious issues so we backed out.
The link below shows a brand new Legacy home being offered as a “section 8 rental”.

http://www.1sourcerents.com/3645

Below is a link showing “Legacy Communities” and “Tampa Investment Group” as co-owners of a Legacy development.

http://www.henryherald.com/local/local_story_123222350.html (broken link)

Old 02-21-2007, 09:47 PM

8 posts, read 52,751 times
I looked up the names of 10 different builders on the Better Business Bureau website and all ten had complaints. I guess good help is hard to find. Homes built in 4 month is going to have some issues. Stay on top of the builders and you will be fine

Old 03-01-2007, 06:01 AM

37 posts, read 173,288 times
Default Legacy Homes

Tiger,

You've been in your home now over a year, what's been your experience? My wife and I are moving in soon and to be honest, I'm having mixed feelings. This is not our first home and understand minor issues, but I'm assuming Legacy passed its inspections and the inspectors are doing their jobs. We're purchasing the Rosewood. Any suggestions? Also, any "bewares" you can think of will be greatly appreciated.

Skip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta