Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2019, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,329 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a home in the West Highlands neighborhood off Perry Boulevard. Curious if there are any neighborhood reviews or what the crime looks like over there?

The homes seem reasonably built, I've noticed a security guard roaming the neighborhood, and homes can be found at a reasonable price. But before making the investment, I'd like a little more information on what it's like to live there as well as any crime.

It seems to be a great investment due to the renovation of Westside Reservoir Park and other projects on the west side of town.

Any input will be helpful. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 11:54 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,856,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLKev View Post
Hi,

I am looking to purchase a home in the West Highlands neighborhood off Perry Boulevard. Curious if there are any neighborhood reviews or what the crime looks like over there?

The homes seem reasonably built, I've noticed a security guard roaming the neighborhood, and homes can be found at a reasonable price. But before making the investment, I'd like a little more information on what it's like to live there as well as any crime.

It seems to be a great investment due to the renovation of Westside Reservoir Park and other projects on the west side of town.

Any input will be helpful. Thank you!
APD Crime Map
Atlanta Police Department : Community Crime Map

Old 05-15-2019, 06:11 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,356,608 times
You can get a lot of house for your money, have some good neighborhood amenities, and have very quick access to midtown and downtown in addition to Cumberland. However, you will have almost no restaurants or retail anywhere near you, and it’s not a good school district at all. That’s precisely the reason we haven’t moved there.

Old 05-15-2019, 07:14 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,314,323 times
We live in a house from the same builder and are generally quite pleased. We're in downtown Marietta, however.

As samiwas1 says, the area around West Highlands isn't particularly appealing. If you like the houses there and want to be somewhat nearby but in a more appealing area, Dupont Commons is very nice and was also built by Brock, though the price point is probably a good bit higher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta