Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 02:10 AM

10,347 posts, read 11,357,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancof View Post
Our family has lived in East Cobb for a few years and are looking for a family friendly neighborhood with swim and tennis. I’m a Midwesterner and am pretty astounded by the level of snobiness I’ve encountered since living here. Not in terms of snobiness of appreciating and liking nice things (which I do, whereas my husband makes a very good living and we live in a nice area), but in terms of people not being friendly, authentic and acting like they are better than everyone else. I have lived in other very affluent areas outside of Georgia and have never come across such a degree of snobiness. We were told to buy in East Cobb because of the schools, which is understandable, but are there areas or neighborhoods that are not as snobby? We want a good family neighborhood where we can raise our kids and get to know other families. Are areas in Roswell or Alpharetta better?
If you are looking to buy a home in a swim-tennis community in East Cobb, look to see if you can find any homes for sale in Northampton, which is one of the larger swim-tennis communities in East Cobb.

Also look in other East Cobb swim-tennis communities like Highland Park, New Kent, Whitfield, Country Woods, Summerford, Woodbine Station, Chestnut Grove, Oak Creek Estates, etc., etc., etc.

If you do not think that you can continue living in your current residence, just search and look through one of the numerous swim-tennis neighborhoods in East Cobb and pick one that feels best for you and your family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2019, 08:14 AM

562 posts, read 1,785,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
If you are looking to buy a home in a swim-tennis community in East Cobb, look to see if you can find any homes for sale in Northampton, which is one of the larger swim-tennis communities in East Cobb.

Also look in other East Cobb swim-tennis communities like Highland Park, New Kent, Whitfield, Country Woods, Summerford, Woodbine Station, Chestnut Grove, Oak Creek Estates, etc., etc., etc.

If you do not think that you can continue living in your current residence, just search and look through one of the numerous swim-tennis neighborhoods in East Cobb and pick one that feels best for you and your family.
Ha most of these neighborhoods are where a prior poster and I mentioned, so its interesting to note a consensus- the northern most portion of east Cobb which is not included in the new proposed city of east Cobb.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:34 AM

527 posts, read 317,224 times
I don't know how any of this can be realistically assessed.

Old 05-22-2019, 01:05 PM

23,364 posts, read 43,832,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickms View Post
I don't know how any of this can be realistically assessed.
It can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta