U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 01:38 PM

13 posts, read 11,422 times

Advertisements

Recommendations for top preschools in the city? We live south East Cobb bordering Sandy Springs but are willing to drive to buckhead, etc. for a good school. So far we have heard Suzuki is a good option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 10:17 PM

171 posts, read 261,839 times
If you're looking for a Montessori-like approach with child-centered learning like Suzuki, consider The Galloway School in Chastain Park. If your child responds well to that environment and would like to continue, then you're done dealing with the competitive private school admissions process. You'll need to start school visits and testing in early November through January if you go the PreK-12 private school route.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:24 AM

370 posts, read 434,993 times
All of the big Buckhead churches (Peachtree Pres, PRUMC, St. Phillips etc.) have good preschool programs that tend to feed the Buckhead private schools if that's of interest to you. I'm not sure too many people are coming in from outside Buckhead/Vinings so you will be driving down for play dates and parties...

Old 07-03-2019, 07:52 AM
VJP

657 posts, read 1,446,568 times
I'm not sure what defines a 'top' preschool, nor can I wrap my head around the competitiveness of parents of 4 year olds but FWIW my kids go to the Spanish Academy. We've been thrilled with the experience, staff, and the ability to have a natively bilingual kid. The have a Cobb campus.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:59 PM

13 posts, read 11,422 times
Thank you for the replies! Limited information/reviews online and we have very few contacts who have young children. So far based on a limited amount of data and school visits it sounds like Suzuki, Dunwoody Prep, Creme de la Creme, and MJCC's The Weinstein School are solid options. I would appreciate any input on said schools.

Old 07-05-2019, 07:48 AM

1,797 posts, read 1,850,359 times
St. James UMC Preschool is in Sandy Springs and very popular and well-respected. Do you need full-day care? I agree with CParker that Galloway is an excellent option. Also Mount Vernon Presbyterian School is in Sandy Springs and also has a preschool. MVPS, Galloway and the good church preschools in Buckhead (St. Annes, Peachtree Pres, Peachtree Road, Northside Methodist) are better than Dunwoody Prep, and Creme de la creme in my opinion, but not sure you should drive in from East Cobb just for the aforementioned church preschools, unless your plan is to eventually move to Buckhead. For Sandy Springs, check out St. James, Galloway and MVPS.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:34 PM

255 posts, read 139,803 times
Plenty of great pre schools in East Cobb, raising kids at a high standard is kind of what the area’s all about. Depending on what you’re looking for, could try Mt Bethel, Mt Zion, St Anne’s, High Meadows...

Old 07-07-2019, 08:37 AM

154 posts, read 33,532 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what defines a 'top' preschool, nor can I wrap my head around the competitiveness of parents of 4 year olds
^ This ^

Old 07-07-2019, 05:51 PM

1,797 posts, read 1,850,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJP View Post
I'm not sure what defines a 'top' preschool, nor can I wrap my head around the competitiveness of parents of 4 year olds but FWIW my kids go to the Spanish Academy. We've been thrilled with the experience, staff, and the ability to have a natively bilingual kid. The have a Cobb campus.
So you're going to put snarky quotes around "top" and imply this parent is competitive, but you did enough research yourself to find The Spanish Academy, which is an excellent (aka top) place. Were you looking for a crappy preschool and landed there by mistake? I give up, I really do.

Old Yesterday, 06:03 AM

29,347 posts, read 26,300,848 times
How are preschools evaluated? Obviously cleanliness and safety, but beyond that what should you be looking for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta