U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2019, 09:44 AM

480 posts, read 172,219 times

Advertisements

Whether a longtime devotee to the meatless life or a recent convert, Atlanta offers a slew of dedicated dining options for vegetarians and vegans around the city. This list of Atlanta’s vegetarian and vegan restaurants includes everything from Chinese and Indian fare to dedicated raw food kitchens, and even a vegan pizzeria..."

FULL LIST: https://atlanta.eater.com/maps/best-...an-restaurants

SOURCE: Eater Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:49 AM

1,798 posts, read 1,851,219 times
They left off my favorite: R. Thomas. AMAZING full vegan side of the menu with some of the most creative, unusual offerings. A lot of raw vegan entrees and drinks. They know how to do it.

Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM

29,355 posts, read 26,306,390 times
R. Thomas is an institution.

Query: If you get vegetable plate at your typical country cooking restaurant or cafeteria, is that considered vegetarian?

Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM

43 posts, read 61,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

Query: If you get vegetable plate at your typical country cooking restaurant or cafeteria, is that considered vegetarian?
I'm guessing you're implying that a vegan/vegetarian meal coming into any sort of contact with anything meat based nullifies its vegan/vegetarian status?

I'd suppose that most places that don't specifically advertise their non-meat items as vegan/vegetarian really aren't paying attention to whether or not those items are cooked/prepared in isolation.

If you're serious about avoiding any sort of meat product for ethical concerns, and consider any sort of contact with meat to have tainted the meal, then I wouldn't risk eating at a place like that I guess.

The thing about that is that 99% of restaurants still serve meat, and every grocery store you'll ever set foot in sells meat, so even as someone who enjoys the idea of vegetarianism, I probably would never go so far as to worry about whether any contact has been made or not.

I might be misinterpreting the question and I don't know a lot about most restaurant kitchens, but this has been an interesting thought exercise for me.

Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM

10,022 posts, read 9,330,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

Hardly, arjay! That fat back in your turnips is an instant vegan disqualification! :-)

Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM

23,054 posts, read 35,012,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Hardly, arjay! That fat back in your turnips is an instant vegan disqualification! :-)
For vegetarian turnip greens, I simply substitute a pinch of dark brown sugar. It's really not bad.

Old Today, 05:49 AM

329 posts, read 131,872 times
Mmm, I'm not sure why a list that's likely created from basic search terms like "vegetarian" is publishable, but apparently it is. The list is missing so many other ethnic restaurants that don't make it a point to market their food as such.

Old Today, 07:20 AM

29,355 posts, read 26,306,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Durn it, I was afraid of that.

Wonder if there's a category called "vegetable-oriented"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or