Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 08:30 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,485,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seussie View Post
Yeah. And visual material isn't negligible, especially if it's used to sell an idea. People get paid to spend time figuring out what the "best" representation might be (in this case, negative publicity is good publicity). I think TI and Killer Mike are part of the redevelopment of Grove Park, too, so it will be interesting to see if they comment.
I don't trust either of them, but especially Clifford's problematic self is a whole other problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 10:28 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,622,736 times
What do they mean NEW ATLANTA though?

Old 07-10-2019, 10:33 AM

475 posts, read 684,973 times
Oh please! If the online/print marketing materials for Avalon had ONLY black people in it, an uglier response would have been invoked. In fact, we all know that could NEVER happen. Why? Because the images are not just randomly selected.

What it must be like to live in a world where you have the privilege of being oblivious to such things.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:35 AM

1,697 posts, read 2,249,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
They're trying to promote a new development.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:50 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,353,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post

Probably the same thing that is meant by the New South? A place where everyone can live? Atlanta isn't just for one group of people. It is for everyone.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:08 AM

5,845 posts, read 6,156,709 times
Not sure why some people are getting so upset at the backlash at the brochure. A lot of people are getting gentrified out and struggle to find affordable housing.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:29 AM

3,715 posts, read 3,700,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Not sure why some people are getting so upset at the backlash at the brochure. A lot of people are getting gentrified out and struggle to find affordable housing.
No disrespect to your view, but there is an alternate view of gentrification that exists out there.

Old 07-10-2019, 03:05 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,938,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I mean, this is what everyone on here is pushing for Atlanta to become from what it seems. Get rid of all the historic black neighborhoods, raise the price 2 or 3 times over, build a couple of breweries and hipster bars, bike lanes and push the black people out to the suburbs isnt it? I mean you see it in every other post on here now without folks actually coming out and saying it.
This I stock photography and quickly glancing at the photo it has enough variation that you'd have to go out of your way looking for a person of color to realize that there aren't any.

The quote above and this controversy along with the last few years of how the term racism is being applied has led me to conclude that:

The number one perpetuator of race as a dividing factor is the black community itself.

I don't believe that white children are or taught to see race as a issue at all.

And I do believe that minority children are at least subconsciously taught to be wary of white people who probably are looking down on them.

If this was brochure was about a project in a gay neighborhood and the photo showed breeder couples with baby strollers I probably wouldn't notice the irony.

The above quoted whining statement is BS, if the neighborhoods were so special or valued they should have maintained them better.

It doesn't cost anything to pick up all the trash strewn along Boulevard or MLK all the way to Six Flags.

And property owners weren't forced to sell to the evil gentrifiers anyway.

Just another excuse to complain and blame everyone else even when there's no problem at all.

Old 07-10-2019, 03:29 PM

2,580 posts, read 2,485,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
This I stock photography and quickly glancing at the photo it has enough variation that you'd have to go out of your way looking for a person of color to realize that there aren't any.

The quote above and this controversy along with the last few years of how the term racism is being applied has led me to conclude that:

The number one perpetuator of race as a dividing factor is the black community itself.

I don't believe that white children are or taught to see race as a issue at all.

And I do believe that minority children are at least subconsciously taught to be wary of white people who probably are looking down on them.

If this was brochure was about a project in a gay neighborhood and the photo showed breeder couples with baby strollers I probably wouldn't notice the irony.

The above quoted whining statement is BS, if the neighborhoods were so special or valued they should have maintained them better.

It doesn't cost anything to pick up all the trash strewn along Boulevard or MLK all the way to Six Flags.

Just another excuse to complain and blame everyone else even when there's no problem at all.
You might want to pump your brakes on that assumption because that's is far from the truth. Unless you are black or a person who actually socializes with a large multitude of black people on a daily basis on a professional and personal level then you cannot make that assumption at all.

Old 07-10-2019, 04:25 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,404,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post

This is honestly the funniest thing i've seen all day. Especially the bolded ones. No more commentary is even needed from you. The bolded points alone show what type of person you are. I'm going to guess you and ronricks would be really good friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta