U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM

1 posts, read 51 times

Advertisements

I need some input on where I can find me a modest home in Marietta ga or Columbus ga where crime is low . I am in my 60ís . I like to be near a university hospital if possible or at least within driving distance. Also be near shopping area. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM

2,064 posts, read 828,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb1956 View Post
I need some input on where I can find me a modest home in Marietta ga or Columbus ga where crime is low . I am in my 60ís . I like to be near a university hospital if possible or at least within driving distance. Also be near shopping area. Thanks
Just curious on this but theres a huge difference between Marietta and Columbus GA, is there a reason you're considering both of them?

Old Today, 04:33 AM

6,330 posts, read 3,470,141 times
Budget would also be helpful as well as the amenities you are looking for.

Old Today, 05:08 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,026,468 times
Columbus is much more affordable. Marietta is just a suburb of Atlanta. There are plenty of hospitals in Columbus. Can you give more details on why you are looking in those two areas?

Last edited by Columbus1984; Today at 05:16 AM..

Old Today, 07:42 AM

15,347 posts, read 27,540,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb1956 View Post
Hey Barb,

Welcome to the forum. Are you sure that you are considering both Marietta and Columbus? If so, I will move this post to the Georgia main forum as this is the Atlanta forum and will draw mostly the Marietta opinions. We have a Columbus forum also that you can read up on.

Columbus has Columbus Regional which is now owned by Piedmont Healthcare which is not a university hospital. There is also a much smaller hospital there that is definitely not a university hospital either.

Marietta has some Emory University hospitals a short drive away that are university hospitals that would fit your criteria.

There is adequate shopping in both areas.

Let us know how else we can help you.

Best.

Old Today, 06:08 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,806,367 times
Maybe you could consider Athens, Ga too? Housing should be cheaper than Atlanta, and traffic much less soul-crushing. I think UGA’s medical school may be associated with Saint Mary’s. The area on the Clark County and Oconee County border has a lot of chain shopping, while downtown Athens has non-chain shopping, and fun affordable restaurants. And, having UGA there is a lot of entertainment and culture on the cheap.

Old Today, 07:31 PM

1,801 posts, read 1,853,000 times
I am going to guess the OP is military/retired military if they are looking at Marietta or Columbus, just a guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or