U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM
 
13 posts, read 490 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hi,

So we are relocating to the area on next month some time or at the VERY beginning of September. I have 2 children that are in elementary school and I REALLY NEED some advice on if we should move to 1)Johns Creek 2)Sugar Hill 3)Peachtree Corners 4)Berkeley Lake

I want a quiet subdivision with possibly a playground and pool area , diverse area, family oriented fun things to do and great school. If there are a couple of great schools to choose from, I'd like to know the best one out of the 2

Thanks in advance,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 07:08 PM
 
15,351 posts, read 27,547,177 times
Reputation: 18826
Welcome to the forum and to the area!

Not sure I have ever seen anyone not get an immediate to almost immediate response but kudos to you for being clear on your expectations.

Be sure to do an Advanced Search to read up on the areas you have mentioned for threads already in progress.

All the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM
 
1,105 posts, read 988,995 times
Reputation: 1572
Where is your husband's job located (that info will hold others back from wanting to provide advice). In fact, can you answer the following so we can better help:

1) Husband's job location
2) are you working outside of the home and if so where
3) what's your home budget
4) what ages are your children
5) how important is it to you to have somewhat regular access to the city of Atlanta (vs. the suburbs) amenities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM
 
8,325 posts, read 10,273,193 times
Reputation: 6431
Johns Creek has the best schools.

If you can afford to live on actual Berkeley Lake, that's great living... But if you can't, I'd forget about it. Sugar Hill is in the boonies and the schools in Peachtree Corners aren't quite there yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM
 
13 posts, read 490 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Welcome to the forum and to the area!

Not sure I have ever seen anyone not get an immediate to almost immediate response but kudos to you for being clear on your expectations.

Be sure to do an Advanced Search to read up on the areas you have mentioned for threads already in progress.

All the best!
Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM
 
2,089 posts, read 1,807,538 times
Reputation: 1357
Just for schools, my guess would be Johns Creek and Sugar Hill. But, in Atlanta you really need to consider your commute, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM
 
13 posts, read 490 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
Where is your husband's job located (that info will hold others back from wanting to provide advice). In fact, can you answer the following so we can better help:

1) Husband's job location
2) are you working outside of the home and if so where
3) what's your home budget
4) what ages are your children
5) how important is it to you to have somewhat regular access to the city of Atlanta (vs. the suburbs) amenities?
Oh, okay. Great!

His job is in John's Creek/Suwanne because he will be between the two cities some days.

My children are 9 1/2 and 6 years of age.

I am a S.A.H.M. (Stay At Home Mom)

And I don't EVER have to go to Atlanta, as I prefer to do festivities in the area that I will reside in.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM
 
13 posts, read 490 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Johns Creek has the best schools.

If you can afford to live on actual Berkeley Lake, that's great living... But if you can't, I'd forget about it. Sugar Hill is in the boonies and the schools in Peachtree Corners aren't quite there yet.
Okay. Great! Thank you for the advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM
 
13 posts, read 490 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
Just for schools, my guess would be Johns Creek and Sugar Hill. But, in Atlanta you really need to consider your commute, too.
Okay. Great! Thank you for the advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM
 
2,089 posts, read 1,807,538 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM_20 View Post
Oh, okay. Great!

His job is in John's Creek/Suwanne because he will be between the two cities some days.

My children are 9 1/2 and 6 years of age.

I am a S.A.H.M. (Stay At Home Mom)

And I don't EVER have to go to Atlanta, as I prefer to do festivities in the area that I will reside in.

Thank you
You can go to greatschools.com to look at the diversity and test scores of potential schools. My exposure to the areas are through friends and acquaintances. I have friends that have had a great experience with sugar hill, both schools and activities. While the reputation of Johns Creek schools is so good, many folks will overlook terrible commutes to live there. So, if you are already working in the area, seems like you are set!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top