Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2019, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 510 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping for some help here. I've always been cautious of apartment reviews online but I want to get some insight to a few places and also get recommendations for apartment complexes.

I'm currently looking at:

Berkshire at Lenox
Sloan Square Apartments
Madison Brookhaven
Post Brookhaven

Some of these places have bad reviews online but I'm hesitant to trust them. Probably because these places are in my price ranges. If someone whose lived at any of these or knows any one who lived at these apartments could give me a little info about their experience that'd be great.

Also for recommendations my price range is $1200 max for a one bedroom apartment in either Brookhaven, Druid Hills, Decatur, Sandy Springs, or Dunwoody. Maybe even Midtown. Also I was hoping for an in unit washer and dryer.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 05:47 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times
I used to know a fellow who lived in Post Brookhaven and it was very nice. However, that was probably 20 years ago.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:31 AM

4,376 posts, read 4,615,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap0121 View Post
I'm hoping for some help here. I've always been cautious of apartment reviews online but I want to get some insight to a few places and also get recommendations for apartment complexes.

I'm currently looking at:

Berkshire at Lenox
Sloan Square Apartments
Madison Brookhaven
Post Brookhaven

Some of these places have bad reviews online but I'm hesitant to trust them. Probably because these places are in my price ranges. If someone whose lived at any of these or knows any one who lived at these apartments could give me a little info about their experience that'd be great.

Also for recommendations my price range is $1200 max for a one bedroom apartment in either Brookhaven, Druid Hills, Decatur, Sandy Springs, or Dunwoody. Maybe even Midtown. Also I was hoping for an in unit washer and dryer.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
How's it going. I'll tell you right off the bat, Apartment reviews from Google tend to be more accurate than negative. Most negative reviews will consist of tenants complaining about management and not the actual apartments itself. If you see a consistent narrative of such and such apartments of not being safe or roach and rat infested TRUST THEM. Apartments pay for good reviews. Not negative ones.

Now me personally if the complaints about management aren't too too bad than I can deal with those apartments. Safety issues/pest I just turn the other way.

Now me and my wife stayed in Chamblee which sits in between Dunwoody and Brookhaven. It was a really nice area and we enjoyed our stay at 10 Perimeter Park. You might want to check those outs. Most of the negative reviews are about management changes but they have a lot of positive ones as well. I'd say only check out the ones that's about 3.2 and up. Anything below that could be suspect.

You can definitely find some nice apartments for that price range in the area of Dunwoody and possibly even Sandy Springs. Your best bet is to contact PROMOVE. They helped us find a place within a couple of weeks. It's free of charge.

https://www.promove.com/

Just tell them your budget and location you would prefer and they'll do the rest and save you the headache.

Old 07-16-2019, 01:19 PM

815 posts, read 707,933 times
I always used to like Post properties before I got married. This was over 10 years ago, but I imagine they are still the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta