U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 01:02 PM

17 posts, read 24,754 times

Advertisements

Throwing my 2 cents in and say that behind scenes there are developers now actively looking into this development. This is going to be huge for the College Park/Airport and the south side area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 01:07 PM

3,784 posts, read 1,306,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceAtl2k11 View Post
Throwing my 2 cents in and say that behind scenes there are developers now actively looking into this development. This is going to be huge for the College Park/Airport and the south side area.
That's great news.

The most recent article also mentioned that College Park has received over a dozen LOIs from a myriad of companies. So there's no doubt the interest is strong given the cheap land and proximity to the airport. It was just that no one was willing to take on the risk.

Last edited by citidata18; 08-23-2019 at 01:16 PM..

Old 08-23-2019, 02:01 PM

6,583 posts, read 7,745,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
My "following statement" was clear. You obviously just misunderstood my post (intentionally or not) and took it out of context.

You didn't ask for clarification. You instead jumped to your own conclusion.

Moving on and getting back to the topic of College Park, below is the most recent marketing plan that has been released.

http://www.collegeparkga.com/UserFil...%20Summary.pdf
Incorrect.... please learn reading comprehension. I understand you want the preceding sentence to explain the context of the second sentenceís communication failure of your original statement, but alas Cumberland and Perimeter was developed differently.

Iím sorry you are so self-defensive over this matter, but it was worth nothing that your comparison areas were developed differently.

Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM

11 posts, read 8,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
Incorrect.... please learn reading comprehension. I understand you want the preceding sentence to explain the context of the second sentenceís communication failure of your original statement, but alas Cumberland and Perimeter was developed differently.

Iím sorry you are so self-defensive over this matter, but it was worth nothing that your comparison areas were developed differently.
Please, stop. You completely misunderstood his initial comment and now are creating an argument based on how you want to interpret it. His initial comment was about the STYLE of the development, not the PROCESS.

I don't usually log in to comment. But this was getting annoying. He even highlighted in a response what he meant.

Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM

78 posts, read 53,735 times
Quote:
My "following statement" was clear. You obviously just misunderstood my post (intentionally or not) and took it out of context.

You didn't ask for clarification. You instead jumped to your own conclusion.

Moving on and getting back to the topic of College Park, below is the most recent marketing plan that has been released.

http://www.collegeparkga.com/UserFil...%20Summary.pdf

It looks like they only planned to construct Phase 1 in 9 or so months. How do you think theyíll pull that off?

Old Today, 10:57 AM

3,784 posts, read 1,306,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908kiddo View Post
It looks like they only planned to construct Phase 1 in 9 or so months. How do you think they’ll pull that off?
Most of the work in Phase 1 appears to only be improvements to existing road infrastructure. The exception is with the Rhodes Street bridge to Camp Creek Pkwy and the roundabout.

IMO, 9 months really isn't necessarily unrealistic for repaving, drainage and landscaping. Although with the labor shortages right now, it could be too optimistic.

Old Today, 01:23 PM

3,248 posts, read 1,508,992 times
Quote:
Due to creative differences that couldn't be resolved, the city of College Park ended their relationship with the previous master developer last October and is now working with a new master developer (Sizemore Geoup), who played a role in the planning of Cumberland and Perimetee.

It is now going to be a $700+ million project over 20 acres with nearly 5 million square feet of class A office, including corporate headquarters; as many as six hotels; and 758,000 square feet of retail, including multiple restaurants and a premium outlet mall. The plan would also add a 5K loop walking/running trail around the development and a golf-related entertainment venue, and it would convert the city's historic golf course to 18 holes using a reversible 9-hole design.

The LOIs include seven proposals for residential development, multifamily, townhomes and single family residential projects; four for hotels that would be new flags to the area; two for class A office; and two for retail development

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...m-airport.html

Sounds promising. I look at College Park and see a treasure. If I could afford to invest there, I would seriously consider it. It's one of the few places so close to Atlanta I could envision getting a really good return on investment down the road. Plus it's near to the Airport?!!? You can't beat that.

Old Today, 02:55 PM

78 posts, read 53,735 times
Quote:
Most of the work in Phase 1 appears to only be improvements to existing road infrastructure. The exception is with the Rhodes Street bridge to Camp Creek Pkwy and the roundabout.

IMO, 9 months really isn't necessarily unrealistic for repaving, drainage and landscaping. Although with the labor shortages right now, it could be too optimistic.
I actually just read up on it a bit. It looks like the 5 year goal is to develop the anchor commercial/office spaces and amenities.

Quote:
Five-Year Development Plan

The First Build Out/Five Year Plan is an ambitious plan to capitalize on existing community
assets and HJAIA traffic to develop the anchor commercial, retail, office space, entertainment amenities, hotels, and golf course improvements, creating a truly iconic, global experience.
There is demand for 420,000 square feet of office, 680 hotel rooms, 390,000 square feet of retail, 880 rental apartment units, and 100 for-sale townhomes. Over the following 5-10 years, the remainder of the site is anticipated to grow incrementally. It is envisioned for local developers and entrepreneurs to infill smaller parcels with commercial, office, and entertainment uses.
If Iím interpreting it correctly, I still think itís extremely ambitious. Of course, you can never predict the duration of a depression (hopefully it doesnít get to that point) but the foot traffic from the worldís busiest airport certainly isnít a bad investment hedge. Economic downturn or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or