U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 07:49 AM

29,447 posts, read 26,420,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
I love that they do this. Americans are pathetically intolerant of any form of disruption, and for a bunch of people from a marginalized background to have formalized a disruptive activity that the authorities have virtually no recourse against borders on poetic.

#atlbikelife forever.
Could we please direct them to your neighborhood?

Old 07-23-2019, 07:58 AM

266 posts, read 194,914 times
Quote:
I love that they do this. Americans are pathetically intolerant of any form of disruption, and for a bunch of people from a marginalized background to have formalized a disruptive activity that the authorities have virtually no recourse against borders on poetic.

#atlbikelife forever.
Uh yeah ok. These aren't street legal bikes. I grew up riding dirt bikes, in the woods, on dirt trails, these don't belong on the streets. Take them to durhamtown or out to the woods, or else get a street bike. These are grown men riding around making a fool out of themselves thinking it's cute to disrupt traffic and cause danger to pedestrians. They need to setup a road block and throw spikes down as mentioned. Oh and this isn't Baltimore, there are plenty of open spaces to ride these.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:30 AM

2,168 posts, read 860,610 times
Quote:

#atlbikelife forever.
You think so?

Go do this down the streets of London, Paris, Munich, Moscow, Rome, or Venice... come back and tell me how much more they enjoy it.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:11 AM

3,232 posts, read 1,695,647 times
Quote:

#atlbikelife forever.

Yeah whatever. What they were doing wasn't safe. Did you see the part about the guy getting his bicycle damaged by these clowns?

Old 07-23-2019, 09:29 AM

5,456 posts, read 3,853,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
/thread

Old 07-23-2019, 11:21 AM

449 posts, read 302,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I didn't watch the video but I HATE these clowns on ATVs and bikes (they aren't even street legal and cant be registered for street use) that storm these streets thinking they're invincible and start ensuing chaos on public roads. They're very hard to almost impossible for a cop to catch them within legal means. I know most of you disagree but I personally feel these instances should allow for lethal force to be used to send a message to these punks. They could easily get innocents and bystanders hurt and couldn't care less about it.

Actually, I agree, but maybe try confiscating the equipment first. They've become a problem here as well.

Old 07-23-2019, 11:24 AM

35,396 posts, read 32,303,347 times
Quote:

#atlbikelife forever.
Anyone that can afford a side by side is hardly "marginalized". Or are you implying they stole them?

Old 07-23-2019, 11:39 AM

8,350 posts, read 10,309,374 times
This is obviously some sort of organized ride.

So, what is the purpose/message of it?

Old 07-23-2019, 12:50 PM

3,270 posts, read 4,683,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I live in Midtown and see them regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
You think so?

Go do this down the streets of London, Paris, Munich, Moscow, Rome, or Venice... come back and tell me how much more they enjoy it.
This is of course a type of disruption no major city would allow. Which is why it's so hilarious that it happens in America, a place with no tolerance even for things like the street markets, protests, and strikes that are commonplace in Paris or Mexico City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Anyone that can afford a side by side is hardly "marginalized". Or are you implying they stole them?
No. Pretty telling you would suggest such a thing though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
This is obviously some sort of organized ride.

So, what is the purpose/message of it?
Bikes up guns down is their motto.

Old 07-23-2019, 01:09 PM

35,396 posts, read 32,303,347 times
Quote:
I live in Midtown and see them regularly.

This is of course a type of disruption no major city would allow. Which is why it's so hilarious that it happens in America, a place with no tolerance even for things like the street markets, protests, and strikes that are commonplace in Paris or Mexico City.

No. Pretty telling you would suggest such a thing though.

Bikes up guns down is their motto.
Those were some pretty expensive bikes. Mine costs over 10 grand and I won't be riding the streets until I get it street legal. No one that can afford such a bike is poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or