U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 03:51 PM

10,034 posts, read 9,373,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
Peter Pan Syndrome...
More like idiot syndrome.

Old 07-24-2019, 04:16 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,541,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsZ71 View Post
Why is it silly when they are trying to protect pedestrians and others from getting hurt or possibly run over and killed? There is a time and place for dirt bikes, and it aint on the public streets of any city.

Because its stupid to be on feet running and diving in front of a speeding atv maybe? It was ineffective, pointless and just made them look dumb honestly. Sorry, cops dont get paid enough for that lol.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:36 AM

5,263 posts, read 4,305,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I didn't watch the video but I HATE these clowns on ATVs and bikes (they aren't even street legal and cant be registered for street use) that storm these streets thinking they're invincible and start ensuing chaos on public roads. They're very hard to almost impossible for a cop to catch them within legal means. I know most of you disagree but I personally feel these instances should allow for lethal force to be used to send a message to these punks. They could easily get innocents and bystanders hurt and couldn't care less about it.
Agree that they need to be ticketed and if necessary arrested.

Strongly disagree with your call for police violence. Not cool, man.

Old 07-25-2019, 12:07 PM

2,168 posts, read 860,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Agree that they need to be ticketed and if necessary arrested.

Strongly disagree with your call for police violence. Not cool, man.
problem is they can't ticket or arrest them through conventional means. This stuff happens all over the country and 98% of them get away scotch free and do it again and again constantly endangering innocents and outrunning the police due to their superior agility and the ability to go off road if necessary.

Then Biker gangs? don't get me started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QmSM9amEeE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DE1sBOP-ck

These kind of people have absolutely no regard or concern for innocent or civilian life and the conventional means we have in place are plainly just not enough to stop a force like that.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
problem is they can't ticket or arrest them through conventional means. This stuff happens all over the country and 98% of them get away scotch free and do it again and again constantly endangering innocents and outrunning the police due to their superior agility and the ability to go off road if necessary.

Then Biker gangs? don't get me started:

These kind of people have absolutely no regard or concern for innocent or civilian life and the conventional means we have in place are plainly just not enough to stop a force like that.
Then law enforcement should step up enforcement using laws already on the books. I'm all in favor of more driving law enforcement, and this would be a fine place to start.

But I am strongly opposed to this:

Quote:
I know most of you disagree but I personally feel these instances should allow for lethal force to be used to send a message to these punks.
We already have enough instances of police getting too trigger-happy. The last thing we need is more of that.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Then law enforcement should step up enforcement using laws already on the books. I'm all in favor of more driving law enforcement, and this would be a fine place to start.

But I am strongly opposed to this:

We already have enough instances of police getting too trigger-happy. The last thing we need is more of that.
Okay but how do you suggest they really enforce it? These machines are easily capable of out maneuvering police enforcement.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Okay but how do you suggest they really enforce it? These machines are easily capable of out maneuvering police enforcement.
Cameras and license plate detectors for starters. Police don't need to pull over the ATVs the second they see them.

In extreme situations cops might need to shoot out tires. But this could aggravate the riders and I don't recommend it except as a last resort.

Old 07-26-2019, 05:27 AM

430 posts, read 211,301 times
Quote:
Cameras and license plate detectors for starters. Police don't need to pull over the ATVs the second they see them.

In extreme situations cops might need to shoot out tires. But this could aggravate the riders and I don't recommend it except as a last resort.
No plates on most of these.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:02 AM

10,320 posts, read 12,330,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Reminds me of Baltimore. It happens every year during the spring/summer. It's been going on for decades.
and Miami every winter!

Remember the guy in the Range Rover in NY that got caught in the melee, he ran one over then they chased him down and he got banged up pretty good.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:

Most of these vehicle are stolen and they are not required to be registered because they are not street legal to begin with. They won't have tags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or