Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 11:02 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,361,771 times

Advertisements

Three people were arrested after hundreds of all-terrain vehicles and dirt bikes swarmed busy streets in Atlanta on Sunday afternoon, police said.

Chaston Talley, 25, was arrested in the 300 block of Pharr Road. Carllier Shy, 40, was captured in the 2900 block of Peachtree Road. And Aaron Patterson, 34, was arrested in the 2100 block of Monroe Drive..."

FULL STORY/VIDEO: https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...ZfIHXBd5yTXzN/

SOURCE: AJC

Old 07-22-2019, 11:08 AM

11,660 posts, read 7,792,220 times
I didn't watch the video but I HATE these clowns on ATVs and bikes (they aren't even street legal and cant be registered for street use) that storm these streets thinking they're invincible and start ensuing chaos on public roads. They're very hard to almost impossible for a cop to catch them within legal means. I know most of you disagree but I personally feel these instances should allow for lethal force to be used to send a message to these punks. They could easily get innocents and bystanders hurt and couldn't care less about it.

Old 07-22-2019, 01:21 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,630,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I didn't watch the video but I HATE these clowns on ATVs and bikes (they aren't even street legal and cant be registered for street use) that storm these streets thinking they're invincible and start ensuing chaos on public roads. They're very hard to almost impossible for a cop to catch them within legal means. I know most of you disagree but I personally feel these instances should allow for lethal force to be used to send a message to these punks. They could easily get innocents and bystanders hurt and couldn't care less about it.
I agree that these guys on ATVs are a public nuisance, and I hate seeing this garbage. They also pose a threat to public safety, but LETHAL? What exactly do you mean by LETHAL?

Old 07-22-2019, 03:22 PM
VJP

721 posts, read 1,719,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
I agree that these guys on ATVs are a public nuisance, and I hate seeing this garbage. They also pose a threat to public safety, but LETHAL? What exactly do you mean by LETHAL?
He means we should authorize our militarized police forces to shoot these people. That'll make us better than them!

He's right, most don't agree.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:19 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,308,846 times
Um lethal force no, even though I absolutely hate these d-bags.

But I wish they'd just put down spike strips...or even better do what they did on NY and impound all the ATVs and then publicly crush them in a press conference. The whole "wheels up guns down" narrative doesn't fly when half these ATVs are stolen and anytime they catch them they often have multiple weapons in their possession. This is nothing more than gangs terrorizing Atlanta citizens and facing no consequences.

Old 07-22-2019, 11:07 PM

11,660 posts, read 7,792,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJP View Post
He means we should authorize our militarized police forces to shoot these people. That'll make us better than them!

He's right, most don't agree.
I'm for whatever sends the strongest message, if people saw they had to pay a heavy price for their crimes, they would think twice before they committed them.

By all means however deal with it with peace rather than vigilance and see how far that goes... ...oh wait.

Those people aren't brainless, and they aren't being 'forced' to commit these actions. They willingly, voluntarily and carelessly chose to put innocent lives in danger by their actions. Why protect them when they are already at this point where they plainly dont care about the legal system? Not doing anything about it is literally approving their actions.

I gauruntee you, you won't feel so merciful if one of these clowns came through your windshield and killed your wife, or your daughter.

Old 07-22-2019, 11:50 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,885,255 times
34 and 40 years old? Now that is embarrassing.

Old 07-23-2019, 01:34 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,665,272 times
Reminds me of Baltimore. It happens every year during the spring/summer. It's been going on for decades.

They send the police out, chase the kids down, knock them off the dirt bikes, chase them via Foxtrot and nothing has changed since I was a child. They've cracked down on them and began taking more of them off the streets and it's even illegal for gas stations to sell gas to them and still every summer, they are out in force on the roads.

I doubt, Atlanta PD will do much different. It's too high risk and liability to do anything to them.

Here is a video of a typical spring/summer in Baltimore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR6u...ature=youtu.be

Old 07-23-2019, 06:56 AM

31,993 posts, read 36,511,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
They send the police out, chase the kids down, knock them off the dirt bikes, chase them via Foxtrot and nothing has changed since I was a child. They've cracked down on them and began taking more of them off the streets and it's even illegal for gas stations to sell gas to them and still every summer, they are out in force on the roads.
These are not exactly kids.

I'm fine with people riding their bikes but you can't endanger other people.

You also have to be aware of the racket -- it's really loud, even a few miles away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F01UrpMz8k

Old 07-23-2019, 08:47 AM

3,694 posts, read 5,935,821 times
I love that they do this. Americans are pathetically intolerant of any form of disruption, and for a bunch of people from a marginalized background to have formalized a disruptive activity that the authorities have virtually no recourse against borders on poetic.

#atlbikelife forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta